Got a tip on where to go in a river.WOW!!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I'm curious what that Hutch is also? Looks like the Montreal ACL already starting to lose some paint, let it dry out a while before lightly cleaning with tooth brush, well worn soft tooth brush. LEON.
I've been using muric acid on the river bottles and they come out really nice, would probably just eat the paint right off it. All I've been doing is digging. River bottles are new to me.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I've been using muric acid on the river bottles and they come out really nice, would probably just eat the paint right off it. All I've been doing is digging. River bottles are new to me.
Sorry the hutch was missing the bottom I just put it back. There is some quality stuff in there, is the coke bottle a one sided that I keep hearing about. It was the first thing I saw when I stepped in the River today.

Attachments

• IMG_20230602_195658_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230602_195658_HDR.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20230602_163538_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230602_163538_HDR.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 99

hemihampton

Reaction score
my self, I keep broken hutches. What was the name on the Hutch? That Coke would of been a nice one, is there a City &/or State name on it?

Mailman1960

Reaction score
my self, I keep broken hutches. What was the name on the Hutch? That Coke would of been a nice one, is there a City &/or State name on it?
No nothing on it, the guy that gave me the tip got two years ago, same place. As soon as I stepped in the river it was there.

mingoman64

Reaction score
Excellent finds and spot!

Sent from my SM-G990U3 using Tapatalk

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Nice finds! What's the squat in top left of raft pic? Some people say to let the ACL dry out or acclimate before trying to clean. I naively scrubbed off plenty when I was a kid and figured if it came off it wasn't meant to be.
Sorry I didn't answer your question, not sure what a squat is. The short fat one on the left, I'll look but I put a lot back in if they were doubles or early ones.

j.dinets

Reaction score
There's more information on the bottle, I just don't know how to clean it yet, without ruining it. I haven't been able to find out anything else about it yet.
I know exctly where you are at, dont want to say much so your location will stay safe. 20 years ago took hundreds of hutches out of there, many pictorial, only one pottery beer. used to use waders to fluff up the mud and get rid of it thanks to the current, used a fishing net to push bottles in, and a spading fork for difficulat ones and to remove obstacles, always had fun there, i can give you more info if needed,

Bob_Stahr

Reaction score
Had a problem with my achilles tendon, got the okay (somewhat) to start hunting bottles. This is a total of 5 hours in the water. These are all on the surface, time to figure out how to dig, probe whatever I have to do to get the ones below the surface. There's so many I rigged up a little raft and it was starting to sink. This is what I cleaned up so far,a few good ones I'll bring the other ones back in the river. There's supposed to be hutches, pottery just about every kind of bottle. He also gave me a couple other places could be a fun summer. Could use some tips I cleaned up the applied labels. Thanks in advance
Looks like some local Chicago bottles there. I am always looking for 1920's and 1930's crown tops and food bottles made by Hemingray Glass Co. Looks like you might have a couple in there. They would be lite aqua/ice blue colored. Bob Stahr

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Looks like some local Chicago bottles there. I am always looking for 1920's and 1930's crown tops and food bottles made by Hemingray Glass Co. Looks like you might have a couple in there. They would be lite aqua/ice blue colored. Bob Stahr
I leave a lot of crown tops behind, do you have a picture of what you're looking for. I don't see it being a big problem finding some.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I leave a lot of crown tops behind, do you have a picture of what you're looking for. I don't see it being a big problem finding some.
I did see your post, I'll keep my eye out for some and let you know. I couldn't quite make out the brands if you would send me some, the ones in rivers are a little hard to read without a good cleaning.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac