Got an interesting inbox message

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

flint_illustrator

Reaction score
I just received an inbox message (which I have attached) with the user name "normanshawn" saying a guy in Texas has a couple bottles from the Kansas area for sale with him email address. So I contact the guy in Texas which his name is "Ham Goyette" and sent me a picture and said he would do $80 for the two bottles. Thought it was a fair price so I asked if he had PayPal, his reply was it is not working right now but do have other options for payment. I asked if he had cash app and he said his child does. So he gives me that address to send money to and I tried to send the $80 but LUCKILY my cash app thing wasn't working. Well this morning I sent the picture Ham Goyette sent to me to a good friend of mine that I dig with and turns out that is the picture of two of his bottles. The taller drugstore he sold on eBay years ago and still has the hutch in his collection and that picture is on google images under Kansas bottles.

So who ever is in charge of this site may need to look into the guy who sent me that inbox message.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210112-064118~2.png
    Screenshot_20210112-064118~2.png
    779.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20210112-065642.png
    Screenshot_20210112-065642.png
    302.7 KB · Views: 117

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
That is just another bit of proof that we need to always be vigilant. Scammers are everywhere on every venue. There is usually a REPORT link at the bottom of the pages. Just wondering did you try that link?

greendirt330

Reaction score
The same guy sent me a message saying this Goyette Ham fella in Texas had some bottles from northeast Georgia and to send him an email, I may do it now just to see if I recognize the bottles or have the bottles in my possession that he claims he is selling . Definitely not sending the guy a dime .

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp