Got my own truck

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JohnN

Reaction score
So the other day I went truck shopping, and finally bought my own truck.
IMG_0479%20resize.jpg

IMG_0480%20resize.jpeg

IMG_0481%20resize.jpeg

It's a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 4.7L V8. Quad cab, long bed. 4x4. It's amazing how hard it was to find a truck that had everything I wanted. Anyway, I should get it Tuesday. More pictures then.

beendiggin

Reaction score
Sweeeeet. I can't wait to get a different truck. Looks like a decent price on the window.

JohnN

Reaction score
I didn't even pay that. Internet price was $6690, he went down to $6600-something + tax. It does have 145,000 miles though. I know I got a good deal on it, especially seeing how hard it is to find a quad cab long bed truck.

JohnN

Reaction score
I just got an idea for an experiment. When I go to the Brick show, I should "borrow" everyone's bottles to see how many I can fit in the truck. And then just conveniently "forget" that I loaded my truck up when I leave.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JohnN

I just got an idea for an experiment. When I go to the Brick show, I should "borrow" everyone's bottles to see how many I can fit in the truck. And then just conveniently "forget" that I loaded my truck up when I leave.
Now I now which truck to put my "Paterson Bottles Rule!!" bumper sticker on...

Dugout

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JohnN

You may not have much of a truck left when they find you.

Jim

Reaction score
Nice looking truck, John. It looks like the same color as mine, which is Bright Silver Metallic. I also had a lot of specific things that I wanted- Regular cab, long bed 2500 diesel 4x4 with a manual transmission and transfer case. I got all of that, plus the folding mirrors and cab clearance lights. My dealership guys found me one two states away, went and got it for me and had the tank full. After all of that, they gave me the truck for $6000 under retail. A good dealer makes the buying experience a lot more enjoyable.

The 4.7 is a good engine. I see these trucks all the time, and have seen very few serious problems with them, even with well over 100K miles. I almost bought a 2006 Ram 1500 with the 4.7 and a 6-speed, but I really wanted a 2500 diesel. When I do the three-gallon oil change, I think of how much cheaper the 4.7 would have been to service [&:] ~Jim

JohnN

Reaction score
I really would have liked this truck:http://www.circledodgenewjersey.com/used/Dodge/2009-Dodge-Ram+2500-Brick+Town+NJ-184bcc6a0a0a00de00a167483eda96b0.htm, but it was a bit out of my price range. Would have been even better with a diesel.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi