Got some marbles! Know nothing, would like to know how i did for $20

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottles_inc

Reaction score
Got some marbles recently, know nothing about them. Does anyone see anything interesting? First pic is the biggest ones and the most interesting looking ones (to me) and the 2nd is the rest of them. Also what should I be looking for in the future? I know lattice core marbles are good, other than that I'm clueless.

20210729_163938.jpg

20210729_163803.jpg

embe

Reaction score
It's an assortment of mostly mid-century marbles I see a few Peltiers, Vitros, plus a couple newer ones (oily shine). For $20 I hope both the buyer and seller were happy. Condition is everything for most marble collectors. I collect mainly German handmade marbles, similar to the Lattice (Latticinio) core swirls you mentioned. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 100_6837.JPG
    100_6837.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 226

nhpharm

Reaction score
When I was a kid (16 or 17), I was at a yard sale where they had big original 5-gallon or so heavy cardboard boxes full of Vitro-Agate manufactured marbles of various kinds; some were bagged and some were loose but each box weighed an enormous amount. I bought them all for $100 (there were 8 boxes, I believe, though a couple were not full), loaded them in my car, and sold them by the pound for years at bottle shows and so forth. Kinda wish I had kept more but I did set aside about 10 lbs of each style...my favorite was the Vaseline glass ones that fluoresced...can't say I've ever seen any more of that particular kind. Anyways, cool marbles. Based on the photos it looks like you probably paid full retail for what you got.

bottles_inc

Reaction score
When I was a kid (16 or 17), I was at a yard sale where they had big original 5-gallon or so heavy cardboard boxes full of Vitro-Agate manufactured marbles of various kinds; some were bagged and some were loose but each box weighed an enormous amount. I bought them all for $100 (there were 8 boxes, I believe, though a couple were not full), loaded them in my car, and sold them by the pound for years at bottle shows and so forth. Kinda wish I had kept more but I did set aside about 10 lbs of each style...my favorite was the Vaseline glass ones that fluoresced...can't say I've ever seen any more of that particular kind. Anyways, cool marbles. Based on the photos it looks like you probably paid full retail for what you got.
Good to hear! I wasn't asking about the $ because I wanted to of made money, I was asking because I was hoping I didn't get ripped off. Cool story too

SKS.TUSC

Reaction score
It's an assortment of mostly mid-century marbles I see a few Peltiers, Vitros, plus a couple newer ones (oily shine). For $20 I hope both the buyer and seller were happy. Condition is everything for most marble collectors. I collect mainly German handmade marbles, similar to the Lattice (Latticinio) core swirls you mentioned. Hope this helps
Nice, and was wondering where u got those marble stand pieces?

embe

Reaction score
Nice, and was wondering where u got those marble stand pieces?
If you mean the clear acrylic stands? Might have been eBay years ago. I remember at the time thinking they were way better than washers or o-rings, so I loaded up in bulk. Of course I can't find them in any of my google searches today to pass on a link.

SKS.TUSC

Reaction score
If you mean the clear acrylic stands? Might have been eBay years ago. I remember at the time thinking they were way better than washers or o-rings, so I loaded up in bulk. Of course I can't find them in any of my google searches today to pass on a link.
Yeah, I'm going to do a little searching myself. When I saw them I was half awake heading to work. Gonna get on later & see what I find. If I find something that resembles the stands I'll post the link. Thanks.

embe

Reaction score
If you don't have any luck I've probably got a few hundred spares in various sizes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora