Got some sodas at the rummage sales today

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
The first appears to be an embossed 6 oz? Coke in embossed French script. Marque et modele deposes soda aux extraits vegetaux. lower toward base 2 then a symbol (looks like a club of a card deck) a 25cl 3 49.6mm ni consigne ni retour.
Next a 1955 embossed Dr Pepper min contents 6 fl oz lt green color, base has duraglas c-2870.
Next a lt green wolverine original ginger ale embossed wolverine bottling works Detroit Mi with a wolvering in the slug plate. Lower it says "this bottle not to be sold". Base says the same Wolverine bottling works Detroit Mi and registered.
Also got a batch of milks and other odds and ends. Really reasonable. Any of them keepers? Any info appreciated.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Will try to see if I can get one up. Its one I havent seen before. In these parts (MI) Vernors IS the Ginger ale. But the more I stick with this digging the more I learn.

mgardziella

Reaction score
I have a few other Wolverine bottles, two decos and a straight side, but I've never seen one with the animal on it.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Its got the animal right in the center of the circle, and has wolvering written diagonally on the bottle also. It is rather unique.
But, I do recall digging the broken half of one of those bottles in the Spring. I couldnt see the wolverine but all the Detroit bottling and such led me to believe that was a Vernors bottle when it was not.

epackage

Reaction score
Is it like this one??
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-86754/mpage-1/key-wolverine/tm.htm#86754

MIdigger

Reaction score
Ep,
No its completely different. Its the light aqua green type (much like the `55 Dr Pepper). the circle slugplate has a woverine in it, above that it says Original ginger ale. then at shoulder taper diagonally L-R Wolverine in cursive writing at the "E" of wolverine it has a back slanting tail in which it says reg U.S. patent a a somewhat ledgible 6 digit number set. Best guess is its a 6-8 oz bottle. 9-1/8 inches tall.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnymanty