Great dig with a buddy and his friend, found cures, advertising and more!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
My digging buddy had invited me and one of his buddies to come to dig at one of his spots today. We didn't find to much to start, but I decided to explore past the rocky portion of the dump and I saw tons of 1880 shards downsteam between large bolders. We dug and found a ton of good 1890s era loot. Then we decided to quit when the pocket was starting to stop and explore. We walked for awhile and came across an old car in the woods and a large 1950s dump. I was excited to find a metal milk crate and a great advertising piece. Unfortunately, the sun started to set so we packed up and left. We will definitely need to return to both spots that we had dug at!

Here are the finds!

20200623_223818.jpg

Back from left to right:
Ball Sure Seal, Dr. Lesure's Liniment Kene N.H., Williams & Carleton Company Hartford, Conn., Todd's Emollient (rare cure from New London, CT), Charles Gulden New York Prepared Mustard, and a Bromo.
Front from left to right:
Omega Oil, Clay pipe marked T.D. with most of the stem, and part of a plastic Manchester, Conn. Goodyear advertising ice scraper.

The three best bottles. The Todd's Emolient is even rarer in amber, the cobalt version is much more known.
20200623_223839.jpg

Awesome advertising! Its a piece of a plastic ice scraper, probably late 1950s.
IMG_20200623_224346_184.jpg

Old car, anyone know the type? The only emblem was a V8.
IMG_20200623_224403_805.jpg

The milk crate!
20200623_230112.jpg

Again, we need to go back! I have a feeling that this is only the begining!

Thanks for reading,
PlaneDiggerCam

Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
Some nice Medicine Bottles. The car looks to be around 1950, not sure what kind it is? Probably be better to go back in fall when there is less weeds & foliage blocking your view. Foliage & weeds can hide alot of stuff. Good Luck. LEON.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Some nice Medicine Bottles. The car looks to be around 1950, not sure what kind it is? Probably be better to go back in fall when there is less weeds & foliage blocking your view. Foliage & weeds can hide alot of stuff. Good Luck. LEON.
I like the late fall or better early spring. Like you said no leaves on the undergrowth to block your line of sight. Also no bugs.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
My digging buddy had invited me and one of his buddies to come to dig at one of his spots today. We didn't find to much to start, but I decided to explore past the rocky portion of the dump and I saw tons of 1880 shards downsteam between large bolders. We dug and found a ton of good 1890s era loot. Then we decided to quit when the pocket was starting to stop and explore. We walked for awhile and came across an old car in the woods and a large 1950s dump. I was excited to find a metal milk crate and a great advertising piece. Unfortunately, the sun started to set so we packed up and left. We will definitely need to return to both spots that we had dug at!

Here are the finds!

View attachment 209086
Back from left to right:
Ball Sure Seal, Dr. Lesure's Liniment Kene N.H., Williams & Carleton Company Hartford, Conn., Todd's Emollient (rare cure from New London, CT), Charles Gulden New York Prepared Mustard, and a Bromo.
Front from left to right:
Omega Oil, Clay pipe marked T.D. with most of the stem, and part of a plastic Manchester, Conn. Goodyear advertising ice scraper.

The three best bottles. The Todd's Emolient is even rarer in amber, the cobalt version is much more known.
View attachment 209087

Awesome advertising! Its a piece of a plastic ice scraper, probably late 1950s.
View attachment 209088

Old car, anyone know the type? The only emblem was a V8.
View attachment 209089

The milk crate!
View attachment 209090
Again, we need to go back! I have a feeling that this is only the begining!

Thanks for reading,
PlaneDiggerCam
If you look at the tail light there is probably a date code printed and a number for that part. Google maybe able to tell you the rest. I no one knows for sure.
ROBBYBOBBY64

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,

The foliage actually looks much worse in that phot than it actually was. This place is better to explore in the summer becuase you can creekwalk the creek near the car and find bottles and other interesting things which is how we came accross the car in the first place. Foliage is definintely my enemy though, especially bittersweet!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
The foliage actually looks much worse in that phot than it actually was. This place is better to explore in the summer becuase you can creekwalk the creek near the car and find bottles and other interesting things which is how we came accross the car in the first place. Foliage is definintely my enemy though, especially bittersweet!
Poison ivy is my arch nemesis.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I do swamps and riverbeds in the summer especially during a drought.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1