"Greatest Hits" From My Modest Collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tsims

Reaction score
And here's my early pontils. The "newest" in age and to my collection is the applied handle one. It's British(pretty sure English specifically). It's a utility bottle with a crude and slightly off center applied handle and open pontil from the 1850s. Nice thick found glass, crude in some areas but well made and structurally sound. Little one is New England, 1830s the latest utility, medicine, maybe ink. The Aqua is a great archetypical example of your standard 1840's pontils "puff" medicine, twisted looking neck and crude applied top. The big one is my most expensive. It's a big Danish utility from the 1770s. I got it for )$110 shipped and all, but seen similar European bottles go for close to $500 on the high end. It has an extreme amount of character and is the centerpiece to my early pontils and perhaps my entire collection.
sound like a good score

Jake2150

Reaction score
And here's my early pontils. The "newest" in age and to my collection is the applied handle one. It's British(pretty sure English specifically). It's a utility bottle with a crude and slightly off center applied handle and open pontil from the 1850s. Nice thick found glass, crude in some areas but well made and structurally sound. Little one is New England, 1830s the latest utility, medicine, maybe ink. The Aqua is a great archetypical example of your standard 1840's pontils "puff" medicine, twisted looking neck and crude applied top. The big one is my most expensive. It's a big Danish utility from the 1770s. I got it for )$110 shipped and all, but seen similar European bottles go for close to $500 on the high end. It has an extreme amount of character and is the centerpiece to my early pontils and perhaps my entire collection.

Great collection. Love the diversity of color and shape. Thanks for sharing it.

tsims

Reaction score
Alright, got some time to post a couple more. This one is an 1890s ammonia bottle with a really nice citron yellow green color. It's slick except for the little 3.A. embossing on the bottom. SUPER crude/whittled. It has a bit of haze staining but otherwise perfect condition.
Very nice, love the yellow bottles. I bought some mini lights that look like a cork on top (Amazon or dollar stores) and bottles look so nice at night with the lights inside, amber bottle make the lights look yellowish while green bottles look bright white. Fun to do with different glass bottles with unique shapes.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky