Green Calgary Brewing Bottle in Auction

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tolmanbridge

Reaction score
Anyone out there know anything about the green Calgary Brewing bottle in this photo. I know it is a poor photo. It is from an auction company and all they included in the listing was this terrible photo. My eye was drawn to the green bottle in the background. Any ideas? There is also a Davey Crocked Bear Grease bottle in this lot but, again the photo is so terrible and it is actually just off to the side in the photo. I found some info about a company that used to sell them back in the 50s as a gag. Don't know if it is collectible or not. Also in the photo appears to be an ink bottle. Can anyone identify it as well? The whole lot right now is $5 so I can't really lose but I do have to drive 45 minutes to pick them up if I win. Plus I don't know if I should bid more if someone else starts bidding.

Attachments

• bottle.jpg
    bottle.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 73

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those Calgary bottles are fairly common I think, I see pictures of them online more than any other Albera ACL. The green one is probably less common than the clear, that's usually how it works anyway. It'd be worth the $5 if it was nearby to you but I definitely wouldn't drive 45 minutes for one.
The inkwell thing might be a lamp which is missing its top, I'm not sure though. I don't think it's actually an inkwell, it doesn't look like a very practical design for one.

tolmanbridge

Reaction score
Those Calgary bottles are fairly common I think, I see pictures of them online more than any other Albera ACL. The green one is probably less common than the clear, that's usually how it works anyway. It'd be worth the $5 if it was nearby to you but I definitely wouldn't drive 45 minutes for one.
The inkwell thing might be a lamp which is missing its top, I'm not sure though. I don't think it's actually an inkwell, it doesn't look like a very practical design for one.
Thank you for the information. I've seen lots of the clear Calgary Brewing, just never a green one. I will have to see if someone else bids. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp