Green house bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I have a green no name bottle i found looking for surface treasure. It is full of little ferns. I usually find moss filled ones but this one is more rare in my parts. Something about the green glass accents the green plants inside. I don't know how long it will live but for now it is sweet. Guess you could say its like bringing home a little bit of the woods in a bottle. Hope you plant lovers like it.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
IMG_20200525_090457.jpg
IMG_20200525_090537.jpg
IMG_20200525_090416.jpg

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Robby my Gal and I love that find (we have found bottles like this too)! We think that if you keep it somewhere that it'll get around one third to one half a day of gentle sun and keep it moist inside you should be able to keep it for awhile. We both also agree that is more than one years growth in there so it has gone through the seasons and come back many times in it's life so don't fret if it does that in the fall and winter ... maybe winter it in you shed or basement...
:)~Fred

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Robby my Gal and I love that find (we have found bottles like this too)! We think that if you keep it somewhere that it'll get around one third to one half a day of gentle sun and keep it moist inside you should be able to keep it for awhile. We both also agree that is more than one years growth in there so it has gone through the seasons and come back many times in it's life so don't fret if it does that in the fall and winter ... maybe winter it in you shed or basement...
:)~Fred
It has to be at least two years in the making. I see dead growth from last years winter so it is an established eco system. Maybe it will feed itself but i always worry about the ph and if i should add more swamp mud in the future. As far as winter i have a sheltered basement well window in the east alley. I think that will be a perfect spot for it. Thanks for the positive reply Fred and your gal.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Thats a cool find. Will be interesting to see how long it survives.
I am good with plants but i do not know terrariums. This is really not my forte. I hope it thrives. I do great with orchids and epiphillum. I have a plant called a medusas head that is flowering now. It only flowers once in its life time.
IMG_20200525_150330.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi