Green jar no markings

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Stacyryan

Reaction score
My neighbor ask if I could find out anything about 4 old jars he found. I found out the 3 ball mason jars are from the 1910-1923 era. But I have not had any luck with the green one. The only mark is a thin curved line on the bottom and I believe it was blown. I would appreciate it if someone can help me with that one, and he would like to know if they are worth anything. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_20200608_123122_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20200608_123122_hdr.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_20200608_123358_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20200608_123358_hdr.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 365

STFoster

Reaction score
Does your green one have any writing or numbers on it at all?

STFoster

Reaction score
My husband used to collect these years ago and did a ton of research on them. He says it is not any type of Ball jar to his knowledge. He has never seen one without the name on it...unless they made it for another company. It could be a random run of the mill cool green jar. But he says not a Ball. Would be interesting to know where they came from!

Stacyryan

Reaction score
My husband used to collect these years ago and did a ton of research on them. He says it is not any type of Ball jar to his knowledge. He has never seen one without the name on it...unless they made it for another company. It could be a random run of the mill cool green jar. But he says not a Ball. Would be interesting to know where they came from!
[/QUO
It's gotten me really courious because I haven't been able to find out anything about it. He found them here in Colorado on one of his job sites

Stacyryan

Reaction score
It's gotten me really courious because I haven't been able to find out anything about it and I think it's blown because of the air bubbles in it.

STFoster

Reaction score
Yes it would be cool to know who made it. I wondwr if Ball made jars for other companies also.

Stacyryan

Reaction score
I'm sure they did but how to find out? You wouldn't have any idea how much I can tell him the other 3 might be worth with the zinc or porcelain lids they all have them.

STFoster

Reaction score
He says the 3 clear ones are older, as they are round necked compared to square necked. If you can prove the dates on them and find a collector, it is really what they are willing to pay and it varies all over. We have seen them go for $10-30 each but usually not that high for the clear ones. The curved line on the green one is just where they cut it off when blowing it. Still interesting that it has no marking. We have dozens of them and they all have something. The clear Ball ones, even though they are old, I would guess you won't get over $20 for each. Green ones for aure but not the clear. Wish I could be more help!

Stacyryan

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help and I guess I'll just have to keep looking on the green one.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger