Green jar no markings

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coreya

Reaction score
Could you post some clear photos of the jars, as blurry as the jars are its impossible to give any info

nhpharm

Reaction score
Although the photo is tough to see, looks like three clear Ball Perfect Masons and a Ball-made (machine-made) unmarked "product" jar to me. Contrary to what the previous poster stated, the aqua jar is the older jar in the photos and dates to 1910-1920 likely.

Stacyryan

Reaction score
I already dated the clear ones, they are 1910-1923. But can't find anything on the green one. I am to get better pics asap to post. I'm just to shaky anymore.

EvansBottles

Reaction score
Again I find myself having to address misinformation posted on this site. The three clear ball jars are most likely from the 1930's. If they were from the 1910 to 1923 period they would most likely be Ball blue or aqua. The unmarked green jar is a bit older. Probably from about 1900 to 1910. It is simply a packer jar. One made in the same shape as a common Mason jar of the time.
So when you purchased whatever was being sold, you also got a free Mason jar. As far as it being blown. It would have to have a ground lip for that to be the case. Bubbles in the glass are
no indication of whether or not it is a blown jar. If is has a smooth lip it is a machine made jar.
Nearly all of the unembossed Mason jars that I have seen are machine made.

Mark Evans

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger