Green Mr. Crushy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jstorm

Reaction score
Nice find!! Looks to be in good shape. I have one but it’s in very bad shape, but price was right. Congrats
I would have bought one in not so great shape but you can't really find them. Thanks

Canadacan

Reaction score
Great bottle indeed! Congrats to you!
There are at least 3 variations...the one you have O.C with a stippled neck, mine is the same but has a smooth neck, and there is a O-C with the dash, and it has a stippled neck.
I believe there is a fourth with O-C and a smooth neck but I can't say for sure because it was about 8 months ago we were reviewing these bottles.

Jstorm

Reaction score
Great bottle indeed! Congrats to you!
There are at least 3 variations...the one you have O.C with a stippled neck, mine is the same but has a smooth neck, and there is a O-C with the dash, and it has a stippled neck.
I believe there is a fourth with O-C and a smooth neck but I can't say for sure because it was about 8 months ago we were reviewing these bottles.
Yes. I think there is the fact that there's a dot instead of a hyphen between O.C.I guess its just another variation of the older bottles. Who knows why. Thanks

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Just 29 n on the bottom
That is the date code. The numbers 16- 29 followed by the letter N. On some the letter precedes the number. Your bottle is 1929 made by American Bottle Co. at their Newark, Ohio glass plant. I gave a link to bottle manufacturers marks. Scroll down to the letter N look for 17N. It explains what I just did if any doubts.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Jstorm

Reaction score
That is the date code. The numbers 16- 29 followed by the letter N. On some the letter precedes the number. Your bottle is 1929 made by American Bottle Co. at their Newark, Ohio glass plant. I gave a link to bottle manufacturers marks. Scroll down to the letter N look for 17N. It explains what I just did if any doubts.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Thanks ROBBYBOBBY64. I should have know that. It went right over my head. Dang it! Lol

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Thanks ROBBYBOBBY64. I should have know that. It went right over my head. Dang it! Lol
Who thinks of American with the letter N, maybe an A. Too much to remember as one individual, as a whole community we are unstoppable. Glad to help.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Interesting to note the Table provided by the Bottle Research Group (Bill Lockhart, Bill Lindsey, Carol Serr, Pete Schulz, and Beau Schriever) is conflicting.
It shows that N is from Obear-Nester Glass Co. I have a Canadian Crush bottle made by this firm with the N inside a box as described in the table.
Check out what they show for American Bottle Co.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown