ground penetrating radar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

David Fertig

Reaction score
I know there are those couple guys from out west, but has anyone here had personal experience with ground penetrating radar?

Or something similar?

Badger - did you say you know someone with one?

I just can't run the probe all day like I used to.

Guess I could have my hired-hand probe for me. Then might as well have him dig my test pits too!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Dave needs to check in here once in a while. I will ask him to come on and answer your question. I think he does know someone.

David Fertig

Reaction score
Gunther - do you know anything personally about them?

I would never consider buying one without the dealer proving that it can do what I want it to - which is locate privies.

As to making my money back - bottle digging is a risky adventure. If I spent the time working that I have searching, I would do better to work and then buy the bottles I like - which I do do also.

If I can save wear and tear on my body and speed up the process, that is what I am after. I just cannot probe like I used to. And I also do not have as much time as I used to.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I have seen archeologists use them.
It wont show you small details like bottles but a privy feature should show up.
Normally they grade the surface flat before using. Works best on a smooth surface.

beendiggin

Reaction score
They are in the 10-30K range. That could buy a lot of nice bottles, plus some wine and cheese.

MINNESOTA DIGGER

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: David Fertig

Gunther - do you know anything personally about them?

I would never consider buying one without the dealer proving that it can do what I want it to - which is locate privies.

As to making my money back - bottle digging is a risky adventure. If I spent the time working that I have searching, I would do better to work and then buy the bottles I like - which I do do also.

If I can save wear and tear on my body and speed up the process, that is what I am after. I just cannot probe like I used to. And I also do not have as much time as I used to.
i would like to buy one as wll however i need to know it will work

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac