GTMO Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Shellbay

Reaction score
I think the number says 39 which would make it a 1939 bottle….

Shellbay

Reaction score
Nice! Great to be able to find stuff in the shallows - some of my best finds were in waters less than 3' deep. What is the bottom like? Sandy? Rocky? Must be protected waters to allow those items to survive through the years.
I’m going out in an hour (low tide) to a muddy area hoping to find some bottles. I will be taking a metal rod to poke into the mud hoping to hear some “clinks”. Wish me luck!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
I’m going out in an hour (low tide) to a muddy area hoping to find some bottles. I will be taking a metal rod to poke into the mud hoping to hear some “clinks”. Wish me luck!
Best of luck to you, Shellbay! Looking forward to seeing the treasures you find!

UnderMiner

Reaction score
Some areas sandy, some muddy and some rocky. I find bottles partially buried in sand and mud and some bottles under rocks. Agreed— I never venture out deeper than 5 feet. So many bottles right by the shore line- with the tides you just never know what will get exposed!

The sand and mud definitely protect the nottles

View attachment 238990

Yes Cuba! They all just say Cuba, I have never seen one with a town in Cuba on the bottom. I believe there was a bottling plant here prior to Castro View attachment 238990
Wow! Thank you, very fascinating! Good luck hunting!

hemihampton

Reaction score
If you got any extra Cuba Cokes to sell or trade let me know. I'd be Interested. THANKS, LEON.

Shellbay

Reaction score
If you got any extra Cuba Cokes to sell or trade let me know. I'd be Interested. THANKS, LEON.
We don’t find them as often as they were found in the past. I will keep you in mind if I decide to sell.

willong

Reaction score
The winds have been super rough, but I was able to get out and find a few bottles before the winds forced us back to the marina.
Was super excited to find the Navy medicine bottle. I’ve found many USN bottles, but only 2 that actually say NAVY!
Nice finds! I always look forward to seeing your posts.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi