Guinness Bottle. Can anyone give me any history and value of this bottle, I have been all over the Internet and not found a thing.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

John Russell

Reaction score
IMG_2368.jpg
IMG_2356.jpg
IMG_2366.jpg
IMG_2367-Edit.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
never seen that Guinness label before, To me almost looks home made on a Computer or Printer. Most Guinness labels seem to have what some people call Lot#'s across labels. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
After doing some research I see James Butler had a huge well known Grocery Store Chain in New York. In a 1906 Newspaper Ad I see he Advertizes selling Guinness Beer. So, Could he of added his own label to these Bottles? Possible I guess? What does the embossed side say, I can't read it? LEON.

John Russell

Reaction score
never seen that Guinness label before, To me almost looks home made on a Computer or Printer. Most Guinness labels seem to have what some people call Lot#'s across labels. LEON.
Hi thanks for that but please see attached photo

Attachments

• DSCN0572.JPG
    DSCN0572.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

John Russell

Reaction score
After doing some research I see James Butler had a huge well known Grocery Store Chain in New York. In a 1906 Newspaper Ad I see he Advertizes selling Guinness Beer. So, Could he of added his own label to these Bottles? Possible I guess? What does the embossed side say, I can't read it? LEON.
It is the J&B trademark with as far as I can gather has the name "Jewsbury & Brown" directly under the J&B

Attachments

• IMG_2356.jpg
    IMG_2356.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 75

hemihampton

Reaction score
Does that Bottle have an internal threaded screw top?

Old Wiltshire

Reaction score
Hi John,

Sorry to dissapoint but the Jewsbury, Brown bottle is from a large manufacturing chemists in Manchester, England.
They produced various mineral waters which this bottle would have orginally contained.
-
As far as the label on the bottle is concerned, probably a 'recent marriage' of an old label and an old bottle that never originally went together.

:)

John Russell

Reaction score
Hi John,

Sorry to dissapoint but the Jewsbury, Brown bottle is from a large manufacturing chemists in Manchester, England.
They produced various mineral waters which this bottle would have orginally contained.
-
As far as the label on the bottle is concerned, probably a 'recent marriage' of an old label and an old bottle that never originally went together.

:)
Thank you for the information. It was baffling me. Do you think there is any value in the bottle?

hemihampton

Reaction score
I'll have to agree with Old Wiltshire. Seems about right. I would think the bottle would be worth more with out the wrong label & label worth more with out the wrong bottle. The 2 do not appear to belong together. Just my opinion. others may vary. LEON.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky