Had a Superb day of TOC digging... Found the Peoria Arkenjug!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch people, this was way up there on my list of most satisfying digs. I busted hump before this dig to create a trench going uphill so I could access the layer efficiently; digging through gravel and roots and other nasty stuff that held no glass. It was a PITA but allowed me to sink and expand a pretty huge pit that 3 or 4 people could dig in comfortably, so further strip-mining should be quite efficient as I have easy access from the top to the very bottom layers of the dump. And I'll be sure to take more In-Situ pics next time out, as I like to look at them too! [:D]

ORIGINAL: Dugout

So why did it take you until the sixth picture to put up the pride and joy of the dig?

Are you saying that ya don't like my style? [8D]

The answer is pretty simple; I like to present the digs accurately when I post them up, and since it was the last item of the dig it wouldn't make sense to show it first. I had to dig out the 2 large jugs and other stuff in the tunnel before the arkenjug could be extracted. When the amber SS Coke/Hires rarity appeared last month, for example, it was the first item out of the ground so in my post it was pictured first.

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Be proud! That's a great haul for all your hard work. Particularly like the jug with "Dealer in Good Things to Eat."

mr.fred

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

That place is a goldmine for you, and that little jug is killer. Awesome feeling finding something you have treasured before actually digging one... congrats and continued success...
Awesome dig!-----be sure to leave to leave yourself some running room down there[;)] continued success!~~Fred

glassgopher721

Reaction score
Wow. Great looking stuff. Gotta love the feeling you get when you see a jug in the dirt. Almost as exciting as getting an Atari for Christmas.[:D]

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
That mini jug is fantastic. Those are some great pictures and thanks for sharing them and the great finds with us. Looks like that is a great site

madman

Reaction score
wow what a great dump! really nice finds!

GACDIG

Reaction score
Good things come to those who Dig, Good stuff Plum ..... [8D]

gac

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch