Haig Scots Wiskey Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jack

Reaction score
I have a John Haig & Co (Edinburgh, Scotland) scots whiskey bottle - "dimple" - "pinch". The choice of James Bond. Markings on the bottom 'A660 R16 UGB'. This bottle also has an elaborate silver hinged casing and silver stopper. The markings on the silver piece 'HLF 90' there is another mark I cannot make out it is a symbol.

I will send picture to anyone interested that replies to this posting.

Thanks, Jack

David E

Reaction score
I have the Trade Mark I beleive, but not the Whiskey.
UBG 1913 to 1968 England. Nothing on the numbers but under the UBG if it were a single letter there is a meaning(City and year) An R such as your R16 with no number would be for Ravenhead early as 1913. The A as in your A660 with no number would be 1916 (my writing hard to read but looks like Alba) and other letters and names and years. Your silver if made in England if real silver (such as sterling used in USA) or numbers such as 975 would be amount of silver. And in past don't know about today Silver Smiths (goldsmiths) used a mark that may be head of lion or such and more, maybe three four such small marks to ID the maker. What you have is proably Shefield
plate which was used until 1880 when raplace by electroplating But some Shefield is still made using town of Shefield name. Long story short, right.

Dave

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward