Half a Coke Bottle, $500?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jamdam

Reaction score
Ridiculous. Here is an ink that sold for over $5,000.00 in perfect condition. Mine was acquired for $800.00 because of the barely visible 1 mm open bubble, otherwise perfect condition. Would not have paid a penny for a partial example. This coke is not the same as “half a glass full”.

Attachments

• 40E3C938-73AD-44F9-AB7F-35175C414AB7.jpeg
    40E3C938-73AD-44F9-AB7F-35175C414AB7.jpeg
    974.2 KB · Views: 124

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Haha... i wonder if he charges extra for the dirt that he can't be bothered to clean out! ...what mook!
I have plenty of bottles that I've found broken in varying degrees that I kept because of scarcity or design or color. But I take the time to clean them appropriately and of course carefully. I have two Blob tops that are essentially the base and the sweet plate embossing and thats about it. I cleaned them after taking sand paper and emory boards to the sharp edges. They actually DO display well because they are clean and safe.
I agree with the sentiment that it's worth getting a scarce or rare partial for the history point and spot holder in a collection, but that is a super crazy bit of money for this piece of beat up filthy cullet. just my 20 percent of a dollar. Thanks Leon for posting the chuckle stimulator!
~Fred

Palani

Reaction score
I pick up a nice early Dr. Townsend Sarsaparilla that had a 1/2 inch crack on the shoulder for $50. I wanted it next to the amber Dr. Townsend Hollands Tonic. Now I have added 3 more Dr. Townsend to the collection you guys know how that happens!

relic rescuer

Reaction score
And $25 to ship? I think some sellers on Junkbay are living in an alternative Universe... I emailed one once, telling them that their used price was higher than new, and their reply was more or less "oh well..." They didn't actually come out and say it but that was their thinking, that there is a sucker born every day. They are right, in a way, like the sucker that thinks you are going to drop your price in half? Arrogance is such a wonderful thing, isn't it?

K6TIM

Reaction score
How the hell does that display well? The seller seems to sell a number of Heartbreakers. I saw the bottom of a Centralia coke just the base for $100. I couldn't understand this one either. I can ignore some damage on a super rare bottle but not half missing. Just my opinion.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Your have cracked to buy that bottle

K6TIM

Reaction score
And $25 to ship? I think some sellers on Junkbay are living in an alternative Universe... I emailed one once, telling them that their used price was higher than new, and their reply was more or less "oh well..." They didn't actually come out and say it but that was their thinking, that there is a sucker born every day. They are right, in a way, like the sucker that thinks you are going to drop your price in half? Arrogance is such a wonderful thing, isn't it?
Well bI hate to tell you this but $50 for a cracked bottle? you got taken sorry! K6TIM

K6TIM

Reaction score
Sorry,but you got taken to the cleaners for a cracked bottle to start with!Worse dr townsend isn't work much to begin with!!-K6TIM

Gleamer

Reaction score
Personally, i think the price for these old bottles should be much higher, i have never sold or bought a bottle, i only find them ...
No offense to those who do, but it bugs me when I find a 120 year old whiskey bottle in perfect shape that somehow survived...
It excites me to no end, to pick up up a bottle that was dropped by men long dead... I look back through their eyes.... the thoughts, the feelings. The romance has no dollar value to me.... if it did it would be mucher higher than what they often go for...
some as low as $20
that actually hurts my heart...

But if you can make a buck?

I dont think any pre pro whiskey should ever sell for less than a hundred or two...
Better yet they should be given...
window sills all around my area show my bottles in the sun where they can be seen, and a heart may be stirred.... my legacy....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora