Half hour quick dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Had a small window to get out for a short while this morning, was hoping for a few more 1-way/Packie style bottles, found two broken green glass ones, oh well, did find two more Tavern style 1-Ways, an embossed P.O.C., and a couple trader jars, also an earlier embossed Edelweiss also broken, I'll try again in a few weeks. 20210418_130158.jpg

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
I really like the one furthest left! I could have sworn I've seen a broken bottle like that in one of my dumps somewhere. Nice find.
This dump I found it in is mostly 40's and 50's time period stuff, but occasionally a 20's or 30's bottle pop up, this is the second one of that same label P.O.C. bottle I've found there, oddly I still like finding earlier NDNR bottles, of the two amber Tavern style shown, the taller one is a first variation of that style, they're 7" tall, also this one only states "Not To Be Refilled" on both sides of the neck of the bottle, and does not mention the "No Deposit*No Return" on it, first I've noticed this on one of these Tavern style NDNR bottles, I'll have to check my many others to see if they are that way as well, but I don't think they are, so this one would be the first I've found like it.

Last edited:

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
I did look through some of my other NDNR Tall Tavern bottles I found last fall, and all of the green glass tall versions I had found back then are the same as the amber tall one I found yesterday, so this must have been quite common as I suspected it probably would be, although I don't know just how long this tall version was in use as the two amber ones I found yesterday are both dated from 1948 but are from different plant locations and different mold numbers.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora