Haliburton - Memories of past years vintage postcard book

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
not finding many bottles this winter i did find a really neat book at a thrift store the other day , its from Haliburton Ontario which is near where i live but far enough away to be an entirely different area that i don't often go to and never really ever found any bottles in that area .

this book was published in 2003 so not that old but never seen it before and wasn't aware that a postcard book for haliburton area even existed . its somewhat similar format to the more common " images of america " series but done by a small independent publisher but written by a fairly well known author Michael Barnes who's written many ontario history books

lots of interesting views in it , if it leads to any new places to search not sure , with the price of gas cost a fortune just to drive to haliburton rate now and expected to be worse by summer when i'd be more likely to go there

DSC04552.JPG
DSC04553.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
i have alot of postcards but only ever managed to acquire a couple from Haliburton over the years , this one i have it be 1910's era and is featured in the book , it says from " gold mine " . book says there never really was a gold mine there just a hole like cave on the hill which never produced gold

DSC04555.JPG

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac