Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Hanbury Smith Vichy Water

slugplate

Jul 7, 2016
Dug this pontiled Vichy Water about a year ago with a lot of broken china. It does have a big crack going down the reverse side but very hard to see unless in direct light. I have only done a light cleaning on the exterior and nothing but a rinse on the interior because I didn't want to exacerbate the crack or more devastatingly, break it.

Attachments

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Jun 14, 2014
Locō movērī
I've never done that before. Does the resin soak into the crack? I'd love to try it, any ideas about a good website to check out?
You can find glass repair kits on ebay or in auto sections at stores. Sometimes it wants you to use a razor to open up the crack. Other times it can be applied directlyftom a tube or bottle. If on the outside, I'd tape off where you don't want resin on the glass as it can get messy.

slugplate

Jul 7, 2016
You can find glass repair kits on ebay or in auto sections at stores. Sometimes it wants you to use a razor to open up the crack. Other times it can be applied directlyftom a tube or bottle. If on the outside, I'd tape off where you don't want resin on the glass as it can get messy.
Great, thanks. I love this bottle and I'm very nervous about doing more damage. However, I think I'll try it first on some other bottle and see how I do. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frenchfox59901