Hanbury Smith Vichy Water

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

slugplate

Reaction score
Dug this pontiled Vichy Water about a year ago with a lot of broken china. It does have a big crack going down the reverse side but very hard to see unless in direct light. I have only done a light cleaning on the exterior and nothing but a rinse on the interior because I didn't want to exacerbate the crack or more devastatingly, break it.

Attachments

• IMG_1444.JPG
    IMG_1444.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 327
  • IMG_1445.JPG
    IMG_1445.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 322
  • IMG_1446.JPG
    IMG_1446.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 351
  • IMG_1447.JPG
    IMG_1447.JPG
    956.5 KB · Views: 339

sandchip

Reaction score
Beautiful bottle there, Slug, but I don't think it's pontiled. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Perhaps use a glass-repair resin to fill in the crack?
I got one bottle that's so horrendously cracked that it is only together because of repair.
FB_IMG_1578585688341.jpg

slugplate

Reaction score
Beautiful bottle there, Slug, but I don't think it's pontiled. Thanks for sharing that with us.
I guess It was wishful thinking on my part that it was sand pontiled.

slugplate

Reaction score
Perhaps use a glass-repair resin to fill in the crack?
I got one bottle that's so horrendously cracked that it is only together because of repair.
View attachment 201365
I've never done that before. Does the resin soak into the crack? I'd love to try it, any ideas about a good website to check out?

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I've never done that before. Does the resin soak into the crack? I'd love to try it, any ideas about a good website to check out?
You can find glass repair kits on ebay or in auto sections at stores. Sometimes it wants you to use a razor to open up the crack. Other times it can be applied directlyftom a tube or bottle. If on the outside, I'd tape off where you don't want resin on the glass as it can get messy.

slugplate

Reaction score
You can find glass repair kits on ebay or in auto sections at stores. Sometimes it wants you to use a razor to open up the crack. Other times it can be applied directlyftom a tube or bottle. If on the outside, I'd tape off where you don't want resin on the glass as it can get messy.
Great, thanks. I love this bottle and I'm very nervous about doing more damage. However, I think I'll try it first on some other bottle and see how I do. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky