Has anyone actually seen or heard of this bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
eBay just got done with me- so I clearly see what you mean about them! So the bottle sold for $325 because the guy was really nice and love’s jj Mack- I could have easily gotten more. eBay was kind enough to deposit $267 of that!? Hidden fees upon fees and working shipping into the total to do their fee crap on,is kind of like taxing taxes. I wish they would do a TRUE summery like a bank statement that’s actually complete. I never paid any attention before today, as the bux are just sitting there for all I ever sold, and it was not about the $-until I see they are the ones getting the $ and I’m dealing with the rest-buying, work,shipping&headaches &the occasional psycho thrown in. To find out what’s up, they want you to wade thru days of articles,& go ask other sellers-your so pissed by time you talk to a human. I need to stick with my cattery business and paintings-or just go hunt bottles in 115 degree heat would be an improvement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you're saying Ebay took almost 18% of the net sale? Sorry that doesn't sound right to me. They take about 12% of the cut.

Old man digger

Reaction score
I remember when that used to happen a lot. However they are also charging a percentage fee on taxes paid, which is taxing a tax and should be looked into by the Dept. of Commerce or some other regulatory agency. But they probably won't. Ebay is big business and gets away with a lot of questionable practices.
It's just the same old story and it's called "GREED" and it will eventually kill the fatted calf.!!!

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
I remember when that used to happen a lot. However they are also charging a percentage fee on taxes paid, which is taxing a tax and should be looked into by the Dept. of Commerce or some other regulatory agency. But they probably won't. Ebay is big business and gets away with a lot of questionable practices.

I didn’t know that! That is so wrong- I need a better way to sell. I just did read that when (often!) eBay’s shipping calculator gives a ridiculous low price, when you have entered the weight and detentions accurately, and you have to pick up that extra shipping cost during a sale? There’s no going back on eBay who should have to eat those costs. No wonder I shipped a huge depression glass pitcher in a flat rate legal envelope! I build a box inside the envelope with lots of bubble wrap, ect. I have even taken those envelopes apart and used them like gift wrap for the boxed item, before. I don’t see where it says you can’t.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
I didn’t know that! That is so wrong- I need a better way to sell. I just did read that when (often!) eBay’s shipping calculator gives a ridiculous low price, when you have entered the weight and detentions accurately, and you have to pick up that extra shipping cost during a sale? There’s no going back on eBay who should have to eat those costs. No wonder I shipped a huge depression glass pitcher in a flat rate legal envelope! I build a box inside the envelope with lots of bubble wrap, ect. I have even taken those envelopes apart and used them like gift wrap for the boxed item, before. I don’t see where it says you can’t.

If you ever ship something like a depression glass pitcher in an envelope you are playing with fire! Do you know how poorly the USPS treats packages? They are handled dozens of times in shipping and are often thrown into bins or trucks. Especially when employees wouldn't expect a fragile item to be in an envelope! It's really not worth being the risk of getting a defect case opened.

Old man digger

Reaction score
If you ever ship something like a depression glass pitcher in an envelope you are playing with fire! Do you know how poorly the USPS treats packages? They are handled dozens of times in shipping and are often thrown into bins or trucks. Especially when employees wouldn't expect a fragile item to be in an envelope! It's really not worth being the risk of getting a defect case opened.
I gave up selling on eBay a long time ago. That happened when I saw the 12% loss on my part. I still occasionally buy, but that money back guarantee by eBay is a crock of poop. They advertise they will give you your money back. But basically, it's up to you and the seller to work it out. After many mastication's and hoop jumping you MAY get it back.

hemihampton

Reaction score
They do Charge about 18% on certain instances, they did it to me after I cancelled a item that had a bid & then on anything I sold after that. Scammers. LEON.

Old man digger

Reaction score
They do Charge about 18% on certain instances, they did it to me after I cancelled a item that had a bid & then on anything I sold after that. Scammers. LEON.
Did you ever try selling on this forum? I haven't so I don't know if there is a charge for the use of this site. At least here you can post a price and see if it goes. If not no biggie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch