HAVE A QUESTION SEMI NEW TO THE BOTTLE THING ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dewfus

"Saving The Past So It Has A Future"
Reaction score
MY QUESTION IS IVE NOTICED A LOT OF OLD EMOBOSSED BOTTLES PEOPLE HAVE THEY APPEAR TO HAVE UED A WHITE MARKER TO GO OVER THE EMBOSSING . DOES THIS EFFECT VALUE AT ALL SHOULD I BE DOING THIS TO MINE ?OR IS IT JUST A PREFFERENCE THING ...THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFO!

Timelypicken

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure it’s paint that they use so it will come off

hemihampton

Reaction score
Just use something that easily wipes off. LEON.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
My only problem with it is when it's used on worn embossing, in that case it can be hard to clean off entirely once it gets into the tiny cracks.

Terrence

Reaction score
MY QUESTION IS IVE NOTICED A LOT OF OLD EMOBOSSED BOTTLES PEOPLE HAVE THEY APPEAR TO HAVE UED A WHITE MARKER TO GO OVER THE EMBOSSING . DOES THIS EFFECT VALUE AT ALL SHOULD I BE DOING THIS TO MINE ?OR IS IT JUST A PREFFERENCE THING ...THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFO!
What type of marker are you us
DeWy,
What type of markers are you using on your embossed bottle
Terry

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I know it is done to enhance the embossing. I don't do it but have bought ones that were. I cleaned it off with acetone and a brass detail brush. Like Canadianbottles said the pits in the embossing just refuses to let the paint go. I cleaned a limecola 3 times only to still be able to still see the paint!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Shades of History

Reaction score
It's probably just paint or enamel/nail polish and will come off easily with some isopropyl rubbing alcohol or some nail polish remover if you'd rather not have it on the bottles.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky