have found an antique J SCHWEPPE TOPEDO BOTTLE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Angie17673

Reaction score
Hi have Schweppes 79 Margaret street bottle can anyone tell me what it's value mite be plz

2find4me Jr.

Reaction score
That is a nice early Schweppes, on the higher end for value. I assume yours has a pontil mark, as Schweppes bottled on Margaret Street from around 1809-1830. Yours is much harder to find than the common Berners Oxford St. Torpedo. To accurately determine the value, we would need to see pics as I think they came in different colors which affects the value. Condition is also a factor. I have seen the darker green ones sell around $1800-$2200.
HERE is an early discussion about the bottle.
Interesting history of Schweppes LINK.

Angie17673

Reaction score
Trying to upload

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 117

2find4me

Reaction score
Very nice, you may want to tumble it to get the hazing and wear off if you are aiming to re-sell the bottle. This may not be the best thing to though, as the embossing is a bit faint. Hopefully someone can chime in and inform us whether it would be a good idea or not. A $1000+ bottle I would still say.

Angie17673

Reaction score
Thankyou it's been in my loft for good 7 years rolling around my X was a fisherman and have various bottles jugs etc that were trawled up from the bottom of the sea didnt know they were worth anything this one used to be balenced on glass shelf in my bathroom opps have done a lot of research on it so amazing and interesting to learn of its history and value x

2find4me

Reaction score
When you do find them, post pics and I will be glad to help identify them.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
tumbling wouldn't hurt it at all, just get someone who knows what they are doing to do it. You don't want to mess up a thousand dollar bottle!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi