Haven't been out for a while, people get a little nervous when they see you with a duffle bag& shovel.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Csa

Reaction score
Okay. Read this paragraph and link. Talks about “sealed” codes which states adopted and later a National type system to ensure bottlers were putting in the full amounts of milk. E4 is for Essex Glass. It’s a common heel code. That’s about all I got. The sealed numbers get crazy, esp when in the 30’s certain glass mfgs bought out others and assumed their codes.
Ive dug milks with the L52 lamb glass and Bb48 and many others, but not an E4 Essex- if that’s what it means???
Read the PDFs. Essex was in Ohio and was in business 1906-20, so maybe those teen dates make sense. Who knows?

1630645544729.png

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Okay. Read this paragraph and link. Talks about “sealed” codes which states adopted and later a National type system to ensure bottlers were putting in the full amounts of milk. E4 is for Essex Glass. It’s a common heel code. That’s about all I got. The sealed numbers get crazy, esp when in the 30’s certain glass mfgs bought out others and assumed their codes.
Ive dug milks with the L52 lamb glass and Bb48 and many others, but not an E4 Essex- if that’s what it means???
Read the PDFs. Essex was in Ohio and was in business 1906-20, so maybe those teen dates make sense. Who knows?

View attachment 229248

All I could say is WOW, you are good. Good thing I'm not working today. Giddy up.

Reactions: Csa

Mailman1960

Reaction score
All I could say is WOW, you are good. Good thing I'm not working today. Giddy up.
Could not be more impressed with the time and resources ya all take to help everyone kudos.i I'll try to help with the repetitive questions that need to be answered. GIDDY UP

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown