Hawley Glass Company?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

East_Tn_Bottle_Guy

Reaction score
The bottom of this kick up green wine bottle has an H in a circle. I'm not entirely sure of the manufacturer but I believe that it could possibly be Hawley Glass Company. They made mostly green and amber beer and soda bottles (not sure about wine). Hemingray Glass company had an H in a circle mark, but from what I've read there was a 2 digit number beside it. On my bottle there is a 3 digit (113) and a 1 digit (7) number. Since the marking are on the side of the kickup all of them are distorted a little bit. Hawley Glass Company closed in 1931. Thanks

East_Tn_Bottle_Guy

Reaction score
20230114_172003.jpg

H in a circle
20230114_172111.jpg

20230114_172117.jpg

jfcutter

Reaction score
Hi there... Looks to be a machine-made champagne bottle with that base and embossing...ture? Hard to say for sure since there is no image of the complete bottle. The few H in a circle marks we've encountered (beers) were attributed to Hemingray Glass dating as shown on the Historic Bottle Website's "H Logo Table" (page 327) at his link: https://sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/HLogoTable.pdf

The article on the company can be found at this link: https://sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/Hemingray.pdf

If it is a more recent bottle - and it looks like it could be - then the marking could be foreign and beyond the scope of our research. If indeed a champagne bottle it could be a European marking.

Bill Lindsey
Author Historic Glass Bottle Identification & Information Website

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu