Heard it was Rare

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nranderson

Double Take
Reaction score
The only thing I remember about this glass shard is someone else made a big fuss over what it was and how rare it was. I've kept it all these years (probably 45+) and it's high time I found out. it says ****EENICKE and below it it says JOSE i'm sure that's San Jose where I dug it. I'm sure someone out there knows exactly what this is or was.

Thanks

Attachments

• de9dcf332a7a30ff-photo.JPG
    de9dcf332a7a30ff-photo.JPG
    651.6 KB · Views: 218
  • de9dcf332a7a30ff-photo-full.jpg
    de9dcf332a7a30ff-photo-full.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 223

Flasks

Reaction score
The only thing I remember about this glass shard is someone else made a big fuss over what it was and how rare it was. I've kept it all these years (probably 45+) and it's high time I found out. it says ****EENICKE and below it it says JOSE i'm sure that's San Jose where I dug it. I'm sure someone out there knows exactly what this is or was.

Thanks
Find that person that made that big fuss over that, he/she obviously knows something that the rest of us are not familiar with. What "SanJose" are you referring to?

nranderson

Double Take
Reaction score
Find that person that made that big fuss over that, he/she obviously knows something that the rest of us are not familiar with. What "SanJose" are you referring to?
The person was a bottle digging friend 40-45 yrs ago in San Jose, California.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Paul Jeenicke, San Jose hutch soda, in all likelihood. Color looks a shade off the more standard amber I have seen them in. He ran the California Soda Works in San Jose. Definitely one heck of a bottle!

sandchip

Reaction score
Paul Jeenicke, San Jose hutch soda, in all likelihood. Color looks a shade off the more standard amber I have seen them in. He ran the California Soda Works in San Jose. Definitely one heck of a bottle!

Thanks for that ID, nh. I would've been looking in the books on Western whiskeys.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Any Amber Hutch is a Rare Hutch. you don't see to many in Amber. maybe 1% of Hutches made in amber color. maybe 2 or 3% at most. Pic below courtesy of Hutchbook. LEON.
SanJoseAmberHutch.jpg

nranderson

Double Take
Reaction score
Yes that is it indeed and your right this is a much different amber even looking through half of what I would with a whole bottle. Thanks everyone for solving this mystery!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94