Heartbreaker

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

slugplate

Reaction score
Today I was out hunting new bottle sites and saw this broken soda/water bottle, base was broken off, from the 1850s or 1860s lying on a bank. The ledge was ten feet below me and a river just below that. It's 24 degrees today and I didn't feel like getting wet. It's the green bottle down below, not the clear one nearest the camera.

Attachments

• IMG_7255.JPG
    IMG_7255.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 291

sandchip

Reaction score
Damn. Looks like a good one. Let us know what the embossing is when you do retrieve it.

slugplate

Reaction score
Damn. Looks like a good one. Let us know what the embossing is when you do retrieve it.
I'm pretty sure it's going to be awesome. There's an old tavern near it that dates back to the late 1700s, but most of the bottles have been washed away during floods or are in shards. I still have hope I'm going to get a real treasure here.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Yes it would be awesome if it had a lot of friends. They need a proper home. Not buried or sitting in the mud. Thats no place for a collectable!

seniorscuba1

Reaction score
I found a nice Hutchinson stopper bottle one winters day while diving one of our best bottle dive sites . I found a nice W H Donovan Hutchinson stopper bottle , it was partly buried so i dug it up and after the dive i was getting out of the water and I took the bottle out to see what it was . My dive buddy was also getting out he asked me what i found I showed him the bottle and proceeded to shake some of the mud out it was late winter and here in Nova Scotia Canada it' not known for tropical temperatures so as i shook the mud out of it the bottle slipped out of my hand ( I was wearing heavy Neoprene dive gloves ) and smashed in a hundred pieces on a rock ! my buddy always the comedian just remarked " what Bottle

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
True heartbreaker. Sorry for your loss. Probably be alot more careful next time. Live and learn. I have not to date dropped any bottles. My day will come though. I will make sure i post my loss also. We can grieve as a community. I just read what i wrote. It sounds like someone died. I am afraid that if i drop a nice bottle i may need therapy. ROBBYBOBBY64

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger