Heartbreaker

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
They make collapsible poles for painting, fishing, retrieving golf balls and such. Get a long one and attach a small net to the end for retrieving stuff like this or in the water. Collapsed they are not very long.

seniorscuba1

Reaction score
Thanks : It was wintertime and the water was Cold , (32 to 38 F ) , still after 1/2 an hour or so in that water my fingers were getting cold . and the neoprene mitts didn't help. As well the wet bottle was slippery put it all together and I had a smashed Hutchinson stopper bottle . fortunately I have a couple others IMG_20200226_203502.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
I remember one time opening the back door on my 4 door truck, I had a Hutch in Back seat. BUT, When I opened the door it was no longer in the back seat but on it's way out. I stood at the doorway & in like slow motion I watched as it hit my Concrete Driveway. I cringed waiting to see & hear the glass break. BUT, to my surprise it just bounced one or twice off the Drive way. Shocked it didn't break as it was a long fall but also pleased not shattered in a hundred pieces. But then I thought it's gotta have a nasty crack or bruise. I pick it up to inspect & to my surprise not a scratch. no damage at all? I attribute that to the very thick glass. Also in Construction sites they seem to hold up better then other Bottles due to the much thicker Glass. Luckily. LEON.

seniorscuba1

Reaction score
I know I read the riot act to my kids when they were young don't break any of my bottles !! carring on near my bottles. now they have children of their own and my 5 year old grandson came out of my room with a 3 piece black glass rum bottle. and passed it to me and asked me "grandpa where did this come from ?" He was just curious but a curious 5 year old boy can do allot of damage. So I told him it was a bottle older than grandpa !! He was puzzled grandpa is older than dirt . how old is the bottle .

seniorscuba1

Reaction score
I once found a small Scotia Dairy milk bottle it was i believe coffee creamer , it was a dark color the only one I've ever seen . I was displaying them on a 4 ft divider wall in my old house . the attic access was a hatch cover that opened just above the divider where I displayed my milk bottles . I had to get into the attic one day and like an idiot i thought it would be ok NOT! I placed my foot on the wall to help myself up into the attic and as i moved i knocked this bottle off the shelf and onto the floor where it hit and broke had it been one either side i had extras but not this one . and I couldn't blame anyone but myself

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Despite thorough packing, a good one got damaged during a move; I repaired it, but it's just not the same! It still resides in my display, turned appropriately to hide the fix. One accepts these things in time, and lives with the twinge of remorse each time it's scar is viewed.

The best medicine? Go out & find more!

Best bottlin',
DSD

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi