Heavy Metal

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Here's some 'Heavy Metal' I came across while digging last week. In addition I have a great collection of hand wrought hinges, handles, irons and...... how about the rest of you? I guess I have the bug bad, I can't walk away from the 'Heavy Metal' when I'm supposed to be gathering glass![8D] I found two matching cast brackets (?) they weigh about 40# each!, approx 18'' x 24'', the stove is a minuture, about 6x8x4 inches, I'm going back to see if I can find some of the missing parts!

Ur52243.jpg

old digger

Reaction score
Hope your next dig turns up missing stove parts, most of the old stoves like yours were salesman samples, given to the children of the household where he sold or hoped to sale his wares.

David E

Reaction score
Hi, those two metal pieces look like Fireplace (beleive they are called Andirons) come in pairs and quite pricey in Antique books. Unless you cleaned them up sure don't look like they are parts to the stove. I was digging a dump in the woods and came up with a sack full of bottles and a metal bed. Looked like from the twenties. The base was rusted away but the head was restoriable. I took bottles home and came back for the bed the next day and would u beleive someone took it. Way into woods how did he find it, must have been watching me (creepy). Also have traced loging railroads thru woods as they picked up rails but left spikes. Found a ground ancore(sp) to hold the oxen or horses in place in woods, old clocks and such from logging camps. The Indians used to put those big stove's across their war canoe's and carry them up river for the whites. Learn alot when bottle collecting and researching (Should teach it in school). Thanks for listening.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75