Hello from Massachusetts!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Synna

Reaction score
Fairly new here. I am in Ashland, MA, new to the area orig. from Everett. I am still up the Everett/Boston area almost daily and that is where I find most of my bottles although I have found a few down here, mostly accidentally. I was spoiled from the getgo as far as finds go. I am a photographer and I love to explore and I happened upon this little out of the way area that was not easy to get to and as I climbed over the wall to get there all I could see was broken glass and bottles on the entirety of the small beach. I gathered a ton of milk glass and milk and medicine and alcohol bottles. I found that most were pretty old, many in great condition. I went on to find an area about a half a mile away from there but almost parallel to Glass beach that didn't have as many but it did have a LOT. I call it glass beach 2. Original, aren't I.
My most prized find is an old (how old I don't know) light green blob top bottle with someone's (?) initials and Salem, Mass embossed on it. It is sea worn so that it is almost like sea glass. I can't seem to find any info on the bottle as far as the initials go or how it came to be (or seems to be) personalized, but I think it's a really cool bottle. Thanks for adding me. I'm sure I'll be bothering all of you seasoned diggers soon. (In like 2 minutes actually. :)

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Fairly new here. I am in Ashland, MA, new to the area orig. from Everett. I am still up the Everett/Boston area almost daily and that is where I find most of my bottles although I have found a few down here, mostly accidentally. I was spoiled from the getgo as far as finds go. I am a photographer and I love to explore and I happened upon this little out of the way area that was not easy to get to and as I climbed over the wall to get there all I could see was broken glass and bottles on the entirety of the small beach. I gathered a ton of milk glass and milk and medicine and alcohol bottles. I found that most were pretty old, many in great condition. I went on to find an area about a half a mile away from there but almost parallel to Glass beach that didn't have as many but it did have a LOT. I call it glass beach 2. Original, aren't I.
My most prized find is an old (how old I don't know) light green blob top bottle with someone's (?) initials and Salem, Mass embossed on it. It is sea worn so that it is almost like sea glass. I can't seem to find any info on the bottle as far as the initials go or how it came to be (or seems to be) personalized, but I think it's a really cool bottle. Thanks for adding me. I'm sure I'll be bothering all of you seasoned diggers soon. (In like 2 minutes actually. :)
Pictures of the bottle please. Welcome to the site.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

Synna

Reaction score
Pictures of the bottle please. Welcome to the site.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Here it is. It's scratched up but I don't know I love it and it actually doens't look anywhere near as bad in person. I've since cleaned it up. These pics are when I first found it.

Attachments

• 20201018_070304.jpg
    20201018_070304.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 20201018_070355.jpg
    20201018_070355.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 20201018_070655.jpg
    20201018_070655.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 123

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi Synna and welcome to our community. You made a nice splash with this beach find. :)

Synna

Reaction score
Hi Synna and welcome to our community. You made a nice splash with this beach find. :)
Ha! I see what you did there...lol. ;) Thank you for the warm and humorous welcome.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Ha! I see what you did there...lol. ;) Thank you for the warm and humorous welcome.
Welcome aboard, everyone starting, ask the same questions. That's what makes this site so good, members continue to answer and that's why you get humor with your answer.
Giddy up

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Here it is. It's scratched up but I don't know I love it and it actually doens't look anywhere near as bad in person. I've since cleaned it up. These pics are when I first found it.
Welcome to the site. That bottle doesn't look bad at all for being on a beach. Imagine all the storms it has been through!

Csa

Reaction score
Welcome! Nice find. Btw there is some info on a E Provo bottles and soda from Salem Ma. A clue to chase down maybe? The researching of found bottles is the best part of the journey.

DavidW

Reaction score

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum