Hello from Newportnews, Va.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kolawars

Reaction score
I just got started collecting old bottles, along with other trinkets, and am looking to find a place of like minded people that I could learn from. I am a teacher and really enjoy bringing artifacts from different periods to my students so they can somehow connect abstracts to tangibles, whatever they might be. Education is the art of connecting, and I am hoping to do the same here.
Glad to have found such a place of knowledge.

kolawars

Reaction score
I just got started collecting old bottles, along with other trinkets, and am looking to find a place of like minded people that I could learn from. I am a teacher and really enjoy bringing artifacts from different periods to my students so they can somehow connect abstracts to tangibles, whatever they might be. Education is the art of connecting, and I am hoping to do the same here.
Glad to have found such a place of knowledge.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi Droldan!
Ex career educator here. I brought things in to classes for years. List them in your lesson plans and reuse next time you teach that that subject. Whatever subjects you teach bottles are great time period reflections of society.--One of my favs was obtained right out of a 1990s food store. It is "Teddy Roosevelt's Kick Ass BBQ Sauce". Even though it was 100 years after the fact everything about fit great. (I still have it.) Teddy is easy. I usually brought in several items related to him, some original. Warning! What you value you must protect.--From everything. ...Good luck with your career. Feel free to stay in touch.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado