Hello from North Carolina

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WJarrell

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I have been collecting local bottles for a long time, from my hometown of Star, North Carolina. They have been difficult to find, but I have a pretty good collection. I have attached a photo of my best bottles. I am looking for two others that have eluded me so far, and I have also attached photos of them. If you have any leads on either of these, I would appreciate them.
I also collect Mint Cola soda bottles and other local area bottles from central NC. I will try to post photos of some of them later. Thanks for any help. Wally Jarrell.

Attachments

• Star Bottles.JPG
    Star Bottles.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 139
  • Star Bottling.JPG
    Star Bottling.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 137
  • AumanWhiskey (2).jpg
    AumanWhiskey (2).jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

bottles_inc

Reaction score
Welcome! That tiny slugplate flask is great.

K6TIM

Reaction score
The first two are hutch soda's bottles.They look vary nice in deed! The stright sided coke is a early 1900 bottle. The hobby skirt looks 1950's The last bottle the green Mountain Dew is a the good painted label with the guy aiming his gun.The whiskey flask is real nice with embossment.

Jamdam

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I have been collecting local bottles for a long time, from my hometown of Star, North Carolina. They have been difficult to find, but I have a pretty good collection. I have attached a photo of my best bottles. I am looking for two others that have eluded me so far, and I have also attached photos of them. If you have any leads on either of these, I would appreciate them.
I also collect Mint Cola soda bottles and other local area bottles from central NC. I will try to post photos of some of them later. Thanks for any help. Wally Jarrell.
Nice local collection! Can’t help on the two you are looking for but a lot of folks are here and will be looking so good luck.

WJarrell

Reaction score
The first two are hutch soda's bottles.They look vary nice in deed! The stright sided coke is a early 1900 bottle. The hobby skirt looks 1950's The last bottle the green Mountain Dew is a the good painted label with the guy aiming his gun.The whiskey flask is real nice with embossment.
The two hutch bottles were used between 1905-07. The straight-side Coke was used at Star between 1912-16. The hobbleskirt bottle is actually a 1915, in a pretty ice blue, and was used from about 1916 to about 1922. The CC Soda was a Coca-Cola flavors bottle, and was used in the 1916-22 period. The dairy bottle was used from the late 1930's to late 1940's.
The first of the two I am looking for was the same company that was using the hutches. They used a few crown bottles before shutting down. The strap-side whiskey was from about 1901-03.
The Star, NC Dew bottle is probably the rarest of the "name" bottles. When Dew first became available in our area, a Pepsi truck came to our school, and each student got to go out and get a free drink (so they would get their parents to buy some, I presume). My class was the last class to go out to the truck, and we got to drink all we wanted. There were some sick boys in our class afterward!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado