Hello from Northern California!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LMPea

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just inherited a huge collection from my dad who dug at old dump sites for several years when he was younger. He used to have them displayed in our old house but had to pack them up when he moved. They've been sitting in big storage totes for years, finally being unwrapped and seeing the light. I'm proud to be able to bring them out again and give them proper spots in my home.

Many are soda bottles, whisky bottles, snake oil, hair dye, perfume, etc. Unfortunately, I can't keep all of them. My first question: I'd love to repurpose some of them as gifts, like the homemade apple or loquat liqueur I make as gifts every year. Besides making sure to clean out all the mineral deposits and spider carcasses, is there anything else I should be aware of? Would I be inadvertently poisoning all my friends with lead? I had a pretty hard time finding info online, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks! I'm so happy to have found this forum.
LMPea

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just inherited a huge collection from my dad who dug at old dump sites for several years when he was younger. He used to have them displayed in our old house but had to pack them up when he moved. They've been sitting in big storage totes for years, finally being unwrapped and seeing the light. I'm proud to be able to bring them out again and give them proper spots in my home.

Many are soda bottles, whisky bottles, snake oil, hair dye, perfume, etc. Unfortunately, I can't keep all of them. My first question: I'd love to repurpose some of them as gifts, like the homemade apple or loquat liqueur I make as gifts every year. Besides making sure to clean out all the mineral deposits and spider carcasses, is there anything else I should be aware of? Would I be inadvertently poisoning all my friends with lead? I had a pretty hard time finding info online, so any help would be much appreciated.

LMPea
Welcome, there is plenty of members willing to help with questions you may have. With out seeing what you have there's not much to go on.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score

LMPea
I would say no. Clean out the bottles well and it should be fine. Even a poison embossed bottle was most likely as antiseptic or cleaning product so should not have any toxic residue. I for one would love to see what you did inherit. Glad to have you as a member!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis