Hello from Ontario Canada!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

b.ecollects

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! If you want blues and other 1950s bottles I'd suggest checking out some creeks and ravines near you, especially if you live in a rural area. There are still thousands upon thousands of those bottles out there waiting to be picked up off the surface, no sense in paying for them. Hopefully next year the bottle shows will be up and running again, there's a great one that's typically held in Ottawa and the most well-known which I've never been to but plan on it in the future which is held outside Toronto. I think both are typically in the spring.
Thank you! I've heard of other people finding bottles near creeks. That's an adventure I'd like to go on! Me and my best friend are really interested in antiques. I'm more of the bottle guy and he is more of a vintage toys guy, but we both appreciate anything vintage and antique. We've been to the antiques mall on hwy 11 in Severn and that's a pretty good store.

RCO

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! If you want blues and other 1950s bottles I'd suggest checking out some creeks and ravines near you, especially if you live in a rural area. There are still thousands upon thousands of those bottles out there waiting to be picked up off the surface, no sense in paying for them. Hopefully next year the bottle shows will be up and running again, there's a great one that's typically held in Ottawa and the most well-known which I've never been to but plan on it in the future which is held outside Toronto. I think both are typically in the spring.

i'm not sure whats going on with the " toronto bottle show " which had been held in Pickering Ontario for a few years before covid . the building they were using stopped taking bookings for shows when covid hit and unsure if your able to rent out the space for public events yet

they would normally have a show in april but unsure if there making plans for one in 2022 or not , not sure if they have a webiste but did have a facebook group which may post more info

RCO

Reaction score
I'm in Gravenhurst up in the Muskoka area. I've been to a few good places around here but I don't get to go often, which is why I'm looking for online antique sites in Ontario.

not that far away , i'm in north muskoka area . been to gravenhurst many times . not sure what stores are still open downtown . a couple have disappeared over the years in that area , there used to be one in downtown orillia but its gone

the 400 antique market south of barrie has some bottles

in terms of finding bottles in the wild , sort of end of season for northern ontario but would be some options in that area , if there public land like a town park you don't permission to walk around but if its private property its usually best to speak to the owner if there is homes on the property

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Thank you! I appreciate the info on the certo bottle. That one was a bit puzzling.
If you have a question just post pictures and the question in the what is it bottles before 1900 or the after 1900 post.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

RCO

Reaction score
there is bottles at a store in downtown gravenhurst , the curries music/ antiques . is some in the back room filled with books , not sure exactly whats there or prices but i recall there being some there

there is also an antique store in barrie , it used to be called barrie antique centre but closed then reopened and now called sanford and sons . pretty sure its still open and had bottles

is also a webiste called dispersal solutions , there based in huntsville but do auctions all over the area , if someone is selling a house andhas to empty it they'll come in and photography everything sellable and put it on there website as an online auction . sometimes stuff will only sell for a couple dollars but other times can go much higher , they do get alot of antiques and bottles at times depending on the type of auction there having

b.ecollects

Reaction score
there is bottles at a store in downtown gravenhurst , the curries music/ antiques . is some in the back room filled with books , not sure exactly whats there or prices but i recall there being some there

there is also an antique store in barrie , it used to be called barrie antique centre but closed then reopened and now called sanford and sons . pretty sure its still open and had bottles

is also a webiste called dispersal solutions , there based in huntsville but do auctions all over the area , if someone is selling a house andhas to empty it they'll come in and photography everything sellable and put it on there website as an online auction . sometimes stuff will only sell for a couple dollars but other times can go much higher , they do get alot of antiques and bottles at times depending on the type of auction there having

Okay, thank you for the information! I will be off hunting for bottles soon, and I'm excited!

RCO

Reaction score
Okay, thank you for the information! I will be off hunting for bottles soon, and I'm excited!

if I find anything about bottle or antique shows occurring in the new year i'll post something to the site . so far there all very quiet about there plans but I suspect some will resurface in 2022

when I checked the bottle clubs facebook group it mentioned nothing about a possible show so not really sure what there plans are

but its November so sort of end of season and new year will likely be when these groups figuring out what there doing

Rane85

Reaction score
Have you checked out Etsy? TrilluimBottles, Its my store. Im not trying to rip anyone off, just trying to share some bottles with people at a more than reasonable price.

I also do not have a tumbler, which is reflective of my prices. Trying to save enough to get one.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis