Hello From West-Central Minnesota

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MNBottleDude

Reaction score
Greetings to all. My name is Brian and I am from Glenwood, Minnesota, though I was actually born and raised in Helena, Montana. I have been a digger and collector of old bottles and other memorabilia since the mid 1970's, when I was still fairly young. I now have a very eclectic, and pretty extensive collection of 19th century bottles. Most of my bottles are from Montana and some of my rarer ones are from Montana Territory. My thing has always been patent medicines, but my collection is also full of sodas, liquor, bitters, cosmetic/hair bottles and other food and beverage bottles. One of my favourite bottles that I dug many years ago and still have in my collection, is a larger size pharmacy bottle from Virginia City, Montana Territory. It is not a common bottle at all, and I was still getting many offers for it when I moved to Minnesota, where I currently live. I also have jugs and other interesting artefacts that I have also dug in my many years of digging and collecting, one of them being an actual 19th century Chinese opium pipe! I am thinking of eventually selling off most of my Montana collection, but I do have some rare Montana and Montana Territory bottles, and have thought about auctioning them instead. I don't know what I am going to do as of yet.

I have not yet really had a chance to dig here in Minnesota. It is very different here than what I am used to digging in Montana. I really need to find a partner to dig with, I think. I really don't even know where to begin here in West-Central Minnesota. I know there is a thread for finding digging partners, so will probably be posting there soon. I love old bottles, and am extremely and highly knowledgeable in regards to them. I love helping others out with identification and any other info, so hopefully, I can be of good use to others here on Antique Bottles.Net! I have much knowledge when it comes to Montana bottles of course, but I also collect all patent medicines, as well as many other bottles, so can help with identifying most all bottles. I also love talking bottles and sharing digging stories. Have a great day and hit me up sometime.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Montana is a great place. I'm sure you'll transplant well. (Sorry I haven't gotten to Minn. yet but it can't be too different.) Thanks for saving those Territorial period historical artifacts. ..Also, thinking if we ever have a Hairy Barbarian Club with a 'stache like that your a cinch to be an officer. ;) Welcome to our bottle online community.

hemihampton

Reaction score
he hasn't been back in here since that last post? Leon.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hmmm, a bit dated. You're right on. Well, we'll see if anything pops in the near future. --L

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Maybe more like an outer planet that has huge circle to travel before it reaches communication distance again. ..Notice I didn't use the electron-nucleus comparison. :rolleyes: "It takes all kinds." --GO LIONS!

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis