Hello, i could use some help plz

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
As was said they're fairly new bottles, ,there not really slicks but close enough.
Slicks have no way to what they were used for, identifying the seams can tell you approximate age of what you have.

willong

Reaction score
I agree with CanadianBottles. If the amethyst hue of the bottle pictured in three images (posting #10, this thread) is inherent in the glass, not just an artifact of the lighting, then the bottle was probably manufactured prior to 1919. Glass bottle manufacturing switched from using manganese as a clarifying agent to the alternative of selenium due to wartime restrictions on the use of manganese, which was a "strategic material" during the Great War (WWI).

Manganese glass naturally irradiated by exposure to the IR component of sunlight will react to progressively acquire a light amethyst or even moderately purple hue depending upon the batch composition and the amount of sunlight exposure. Wartime-produced selenium glass, by contrast, can acquire a slight straw coloration.

The form of the bottle is typical of food containers of the period, late 19th to early 20th century, which held such products as gherkins as in the example below.
1662726866166.png

(Image downloaded from the Internet)

WL

willong

Reaction score
My name is Jean from West Milford N.J.
Does anyone know about these bottles I've been finding.
Given the volume graduations on the third bottle of the first lot you posted, taken together with its shape and size, I think it could be a nursing bottle of approximately 1940's or 50's vintage. An open-center cap, a ring type similar to those used on canning jars, would have held a rubber nipple in place.

On the other hand, it could have been the jar portion of one of these:

1662728548160.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac