Hello! Is this common..?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DocHoliday88

Reaction score
Hello,

Hope you all are doing well! I live in the Atlanta, GA area and though I'm not a true collector per se, I have an eye for rare finds, antiques, artwork etc. I've always enjoyed, "picking," when the opportunity presents, and living in this area I seem to come across quite a few treasures in the trash. I recently rediscovered something that I've had for years, stowed away in my parents garage, and now I'm a little curious.
I have an entire wooden case of empty 6oz, 3 Centa bottles that are mostly in great condition. I found this in the mid 90's helping my uncle clean out the house of a friend of his that passed away, and was aloud to keep it. How common is it to find or even have a full case of bottles? I'm not really sure if it's the original packaging or what sort of packaging/casing 3 Centa was transported in. Are the bottles desirable as collectibles? Does the wooden case belong with the bottles? N
3centa1.jpg
3Centa2.jpg
3Centa3.jpg
3Centa4.jpg

I suppose I'm just looking for some answers. Please let me know if the pictures show up or if you would like to see additional pictures. I appreciate any help you could give. Not all bottles are have the same markings on the bottom.

Best,

Doc

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
This article says the bottle you pictured is pretty commen and worth maybe $10. Look on the bottom and see if they are all Gastonia bottles. Because if there is a Greenville, North Carolina that one is rare and would be worth a lot more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230123_080515_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230123_080515_Chrome.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20230123_080522_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230123_080522_Chrome.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 71

DocHoliday88

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Hogtown, i appreciate it! After checking each bottle, only 8 of the 24 are labeled Gastonia, NC. The majority of the bottles have markings of LGW, 0-4 it seems, (hard to read the #'s.) Does anyone know if the crate I have them in is some kind of transport packaging for the bottles? It fits them perfectly but doesn't seem like the most efficient shipping method. I'm going to look in to where the bottles may have been manufactured but if anyone knows the relevancy of the LGW markings, please let me know! Thanks!

East_Tn_Bottle_Guy

Reaction score
I find this website to be extremely helpful.
LGW stands for Lauren's Glass Works
The website goes into dating specifics.

DocHoliday88

Reaction score
Thanks again! Giving it a read right now. If I'm reading this right, most of my bottles may be mostly from the Wilson, NC plant? Not 100% on that. I do have 1 bottle with LGW markings on the bottom instead of the side. Not sure if that has any significance. Please, if anyone is familiar with an antique dealer/collector in the Atlanta, GA area that could take a look at these, i would appreciate the information.

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score
LGW is Laurens Glass Works. They are the company that actually made the bottles.
As far as the crate, it is what they shipped the bottles in. If there are no markings on crate it will probably be worth less because its just any generic crate. Cool bottles. I've always liked Bludwine bottles because of shape. Looks like they used same bottle for 3 Cento just changed the embossing.

DocHoliday88

Reaction score
Found the same crate that I have while perusing the web!

crate.png

Minus the paint, it is exactly the same. Only positing the front view but I have confirmed from the other pictures. Apologies if I am abusing the introductory forum, please let me know if you would like me to move the post elsewhere if it continues.

TexasRancher

Reaction score
Found the same crate that I have while perusing the web!

View attachment 243205

Minus the paint, it is exactly the same. Only positing the front view but I have confirmed from the other pictures. Apologies if I am abusing the introductory forum, please let me know if you would like me to move the post elsewhere if it continues.
Wondering...are the old crates collectible and can they be worth more than the bottles they contained?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi