HELP! Can this label be saved???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
When i dry the label i take two clean pieces of white paper. On each side and press in a book. Or you could put the label between two pieces of white paper and on low setting iron it. I find i get less wrincles from shrinking .

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
When i dry the label i take two clean pieces of white paper. On each side and press in a book. Or you could put the label between two pieces of white paper and on low setting iron it. I find i get less wrincles from shrinking .

10-4 Robby great idea!
Here's the rescued label on a 1941 bottle I found in a dump yesterday sans the neck label that got destroyed when the bottle broke. I think it came out great.
Hollander_chicago_1940.JPG
sans

slugplate

Reaction score
Robby, a question.
Would using really hot water somehow hurt the color on the label? I used room temperature water on the glued ends because I thought hot water may fade the color, i don't know.
I do like the idea of steaming the label off, I may try that on a junk bottle sometime - just in case I ever have another accident, lol.

Thanks again, everyone!
I've used warm water and it worked just fine. Glues on older labels were usually sparsely applied... especially on return bottles. They stripped the label off of the old bottles, refilled them and applied a new label. It was much cheaper to do it that way than to produce a new bottle each time. However, you did a great job removing it.

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
I've used warm water and it worked just fine. Glues on older labels were usually sparsely applied... especially on return bottles. They stripped the label off of the old bottles, refilled them and applied a new label. It was much cheaper to do it that way than to produce a new bottle each time. However, you did a great job removing it.

Yeah the label was glued mainly on the l&r sides.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18