Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

HELP!!! Four Chamber Decanter Value???

Ducttape4all

Oct 3, 2010
I bought this at a yard sale in Massachusetts awhile back and the guy said it was made in the 1920's. I know nothing about bottles so I thought I would ask for your help. I would like to sell this but don't know what it is worth. I saw one on the tv show Pawn Stars that was very plain and was all glass they gave him $40.00 for it. This one is much nicer and looks to be much older. It has a metal design that wraps the bottle also (don't know what kind maybe copper). I see no names or marking on the bottle. Any help you could give me to the age, shape, origin and price would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I will try to get a picture up today.

cyberdigger

Nov 29, 2008
NJ
Quite a few of this type of bottle were made in post WW2 France, without the overlay, they say "Made in France" on the base and are not valuable. I saw that episode of Pawn Stars and cringed, to say the least! ... there was one in a junk shop for 5 bucks that I didn't think was worth it, and still don't.. yours could be older, esp. if it does not say "Made in France" on the bottom.. the metallic overlay looks promising, it is probably European in manufacture and I wouldn't know what to tell you beyond that...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colo