HELP!!! Four Chamber Decanter Value???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
How do I test it to see if its silver?

Hello Chris,

"FRENCH'S BRAND YELLOW MUSTARD TEST This first method requires that the tester apply a very small amount of French's brand yellow mustard to the surface of the shiny metal. Ideally the mustard drop should then be heated, either in the sun or with a cigarette lighter. Let me explain; this brand of mustard contains a very high amount of sulfur and when heated the volatile sulfur molecule will ALWAYS combine with pure silver to make the dark black stain known as silver sulfide (which is easily cleaned away with vinegar by the way).

THE SULFUR MATCH TEST The second method may attract more attention than desired, especially when attempted inside a store, under a proprietor's watchful gaze. Yet this method is even more effective take a match and press it against the metal surface to be tested and then light it on fire with another match. The sulfur is extremely hot as it combusts and it will certainly combine with pure silver when ignited in this fashion. It will not however mark nickel, steel, or chrome or any other shiny metal the way it marks silver (a black stain). Again this dark metal is silver sulfide it will not wipe away with your finger and must be cleaned off the metal with another agent. Its important to note that both of these tests will not harm the metal and can be easily cleaned away." From.

I'd bet'cha 7.5 Bromos that it is not Silver, maybe nickel silver...

Here's a couple links, past sale of no metal model, one similar to yours, Bohemian glass with label.

This is not a form I know, nor to which I am attracted, so I'm not a good sounding board. That electronic auction place would be where I would look for value information. Good luck...

CalaopeSilverMine.jpg

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
They had one of those on Pawn Stars. I think Rick bought it for $75 or something like that.

Ducttape4all

Reaction score
Does anyone have access to the site Prices4antiques.com? The item I have is on that site it is item# D9983005
If anyone could tell me what the value there is I would appreciate it. I don't want to spend the 14.00 24hr pass price to find out.
Thank you!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello Ducttape4all; I have one of these bottles but it does not have the stoppers. My friend Norman Whitling in Penna. has one with the stoppers. I am not familiar with the Made in France marking - I don't think either of ours has that on them. I am quite sure ours came from Europe and I would put the value at 25-30 bucks just because of the difficulty of making them. That is all the help I can give - sorry. RED Matthews

Ducttape4all

Reaction score
My bottle has no markings on it either. Thanks for at least responding with what you knew Red.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
All I can tell you is my own experience. I bought one for $5 because I wanted to research it. They appeared to be a modern French bottle that held 4 flavors of some liqueur when sold new. Mine didn't have an overlay. I tried ebay twice and no sale. Yard sales at $10 didn't even get bargained with. I finally sold it at a flea for $2.[:D]

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Use it in the home bar. Fill each one with a different flavor of RUM. Use it to mix with orange, Pineapple and cranberry juice. Whalah! Voodoo Juice! ( I miss Aces Wild bar in Green Bay)

Actual ingredients below: [ul][*]1 oz Orange rum (Cruzan)
[*]1 oz Banana rum (Cruzan)
[*]1 oz Coconut rum (Cruzan)
[*]1 oz Pineapple rum (Cruzan)
[*]1 1/2 oz Cranberry juice
[*]1 1/2 oz Orange juice
[*]1 1/2 oz Pineapple juice
[*]1/2 oz Dark rum (Cruzan) [/ul]Mixing instructions: Pour over ice in a hurricane class. Float dark rum on top and serve.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis