Help id

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Warf rat

Reaction score
Do you know what was in this, malt? Applied top, approximate date 80's? Thanks ch

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    783.1 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:

Warf rat

Reaction score
Thanks sandchip you always help. It is a friends find, when was the applied top method gone in your opinion? Rat.

No picture of base I could get one if you want me to. I'm bottle ignorant and would like to learn.

sandchip

Reaction score
Thanks sandchip you always help. It is a friends find, when was the applied top method gone in your opinion? Rat.

No picture of base I could get one if you want me to. I'm bottle ignorant and would like to learn.

You're most welcome. Applied tops (in America) seemed to start fading in the 1870s to 1880s, with the advent of full-height blowback molds, although in other countries, the method persisted for decades. If you're able to get a close-up of the base, take one of the top, too. With the stain and all, it's a little difficult to tell if the top is applied or tooled.

slugplate

Reaction score
Most certainly a blob beer and I bet dollars to donuts it had a lightening stopper. You may see some rust deposits under the lip where the metal bale was attached. However, for me anyway, it's very hard to date a bottle without some sort of markings or embossing. The best I can figure it is between 1880-1910. Yeah, it's a large time frame, but there's not much to go on.

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
I agree with Slugplate. Give us the best close up you can if possible of the top and base to get an accurate opinion.
The top shape equals others 1880's I have.
I saw a line on the upper part of the neck that seems to be a mold seam.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu