Help identify these bottles/utility type pieces

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rnagels

Reaction score
Hello Antique bottles community! Anyone know based on my photos if these are older bottles, who made em, use, and age. The purple one looks like it has a broken off type top but when you run your finger around it, it is super smooth.

Attachments

• DSC08055.JPG
    DSC08055.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 116
  • DSC08056.JPG
    DSC08056.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 116
  • DSC08057.JPG
    DSC08057.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 103
  • DSC08058.JPG
    DSC08058.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 121
  • DSC08059.JPG
    DSC08059.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 101

bottles_inc

Reaction score
To me these look newer, anywhere from 1940s to 2000s, but thate a total guess. Ive never seen older pontil bottles in those shapes and the colors are a little suspect but I'm no expert, they could easily be the real deal. I'm sure someone else will have some input

rnagels

Reaction score
To me these look newer, anywhere from 1940s to 2000s, but thate a total guess. Ive never seen older pontil bottles in those shapes and the colors are a little suspect but I'm no expert, they could easily be the real deal. I'm sure someone else will have some input
Thank you. Is there a way to inspect them further to get an age o them?

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
Wheaton Village glassblowers make (or did make) similar pieces in their demonstration shop. I don't know if the shop is still working or not, but I have a piece similar to the purple one that I bought there. Wheaton Village is in Millville, NJ, and is modeled on T C Wheaton glassworks. They had an outstanding museum, well worth the visit for anyone interested in old glass.

SKS.TUSC

Reaction score
I always look to see where the mold lines stop at going up the bottle. If they go clear up the side of the bottle clear to the mouth or thread. They are made at a recent time period.

rnagels

Reaction score
I always look to see where the mold lines stop at going up the bottle. If they go clear up the side of the bottle clear to the mouth or thread. They are made at a recent time period.
Thanks, there are no mold lines anywhere on the bottle.

SKS.TUSC

Reaction score
Thanks, there are no mold lines anywhere on the bottle.
My best guess is they are of the newer machinery age. Unless by luck they were made by one solid piece of hot glass. Which is highly unlikely

Mayhem

Reaction score
The amethyst pocket flask on the right is of the type made by Clevenger Brothers circa 1930 - 1960. Ritter-Carlton Company, Inc., of Fifth Avenue, New York, New York, published a catalog in 1939 showing the Clevenger glassware they were selling but never mentioned Clevenger by name. The catalog itself is titled “Authentic Reproductions of Early American Glass”. The publication went on to say that “we are proud to present this rare collection of authentic hand blown replicas of Early American glass. Some of these flasks were also sold in the Metropolitan Museum of Art gift shop and are etched "MMA" on the bottom. See attached picture of a collection of Clevenger pocket flasks. These can bring $25 to $50.

The amber yellow utility bottle on the left is an odd shape and color for an early American piece in my opinion. I have seen pieces in this color that have come out of Mexico. Not worth much unless you get two bidders who must have it.

Attachments

• CherylFlaskCollection3.JPG
    CherylFlaskCollection3.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 88

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown