Help identify this bottle please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here's a pic of a stepped on flattened cone top that was rusted I fixed. before & after pic. I still need to add a cone to it.
flattenedmartincone.JPG
martinscleaned.JPG
LEON.

EdsFinds

Reaction score
Wow! Thats some skill! I pass cans like that all the time, pay then no mind!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Wow! Thats some skill! I pass cans like that all the time, pay then no mind!

Most People do, If that Martins cone I fixed was a super Rare can it would be worth $100 or more in that fixed/restored/repaired condition. As the flattened rusted condition the Martins was in worth maybe $1.00 at most maybe $10 or $20 after fixed. LEON.

Amberdawn.84.ac

Reaction score
Reminds me of a type of poison bottle that was used in the 1930s-50s. Never seen one of these before though.
Also as Leon said, keep an eye out for drink cans with the two triangles punched in the top, or cone top cans. Even when totally rusted they can be restored if they're mostly intact.
I didnt know cans were a big deal. We found some recently when bottle hunting. What should I know about cans???

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I didnt know cans were a big deal. We found some recently when bottle hunting. What should I know about cans???
Beverage cans can be really collectible, even in rusty condition as long as they're intact because the paint will still be there under the rust. It's really only the cone tops or "flat tops" with the two triangles punched in the top that are valuable, the kind that had the pull tab are rarely of much collectors' interest unless they're in mint condition. The easy way to get the rust off is through soaking in lemon juice. Oxalic acid is supposed to work better but it's more dangerous.

RedBean

Reaction score
Beverage cans can be really collectible, even in rusty condition as long as they're intact because the paint will still be there under the rust. It's really only the cone tops or "flat tops" with the two triangles punched in the top that are valuable, the kind that had the pull tab are rarely of much collectors' interest unless they're in mint condition. The easy way to get the rust off is through soaking in lemon juice. Oxalic acid is supposed to work better but it's more dangerous.
Thank u for info!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi