Help identify this bottle please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedBean

Reaction score
Found this interesting bottle while hiking in the woods near a old can dump sight. What is it and maybe a year? There is a deep groove on the bottom as well.
IMG_20201001_122025092.jpg
IMG_20201001_122058541.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
I see you said Old Can Dump Sight? What kind of old Cans? Any Old Beer Cans. If so I could date those much more easily & accurate then this Bottle. Let me know. THANKS, LEON.

P.S. Welcome to the sight.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Reminds me of a type of poison bottle that was used in the 1930s-50s. Never seen one of these before though.
Also as Leon said, keep an eye out for drink cans with the two triangles punched in the top, or cone top cans. Even when totally rusted they can be restored if they're mostly intact.

RedBean

Reaction score
I see you said Old Can Dump Sight? What kind of old Cans? Any Old Beer Cans. If so I could date those much more easily & accurate then this Bottle. Let me know. THANKS, LEON.

P.S. Welcome to the sight.

RedBean

Reaction score
Reminds me of a type of poison bottle that was used in the 1930s-50s. Never seen one of these before though.
Also as Leon said, keep an eye out for drink cans with the two triangles punched in the top, or cone top cans. Even when totally rusted they can be restored if they're mostly intact.
I have seen many beer cans on my searches but they are always rusted to where you can hardly see the label's or nothing at all but rust. I mostly look for unique bottles.

RedBean

Reaction score
Thank you for reaching out and welcome me to this page. Im more a bottle girl than a can person. So all my finds latley are bottles all shapes and colors. I can find some but stuck on a couple like this bottle. But you if i do find a neat old can i will post. Take care.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I have seen many beer cans on my searches but they are always rusted to where you can hardly see the label's or nothing at all but rust. I mostly look for unique bottles.
If you soak the rusted cans in citric acid (lemon juice) the rust will come off and the label will be visible again.

RedBean

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the cleaning advise! I appreciate it and definitely will try it.....now i might just grab some old cans as well!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown