Help identifying mystery bottle I got in Western PA

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Hi All,

Got this back around 2009 in Western PA, says DECO on front, a V in the back and the bottom has number 427457 a 15 and S with an anchor an R with a circue around it and in the middle some makers mark an R with a shield around it. It's 8 and 1/2 inches tall. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• DSC01303.JPG
    DSC01303.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 122
  • DSC01304.JPG
    DSC01304.JPG
    819 KB · Views: 121

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! That's a Codd bottle from India, and it dates to - and I bet you weren't expecting this - 1981 at the earliest, and at least as recent as 2009 (possibly more recently, but that's the last point where their website referred to the Deco bottle as currently being in production). India never stopped using traditional Codd bottles and still uses them today for a drink called Banta. That results in some bottles a lot of collectors would never imagine existing, like these ACL Codd bottles
1624763375601.png

Here's the link to the website for the manufacturer of yours, the Khandelwal Glass Works: http://www.coddbottleindia.com/about-us.html

RCO

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! That's a Codd bottle from India, and it dates to - and I bet you weren't expecting this - 1981 at the earliest, and at least as recent as 2009 (possibly more recently, but that's the last point where their website referred to the Deco bottle as currently being in production). India never stopped using traditional Codd bottles and still uses them today for a drink called Banta. That results in some bottles a lot of collectors would never imagine existing, like these ACL Codd bottles
View attachment 226927
Here's the link to the website for the manufacturer of yours, the Khandelwal Glass Works: http://www.coddbottleindia.com/about-us.html

I had no idea india or any country still uses codd bottles , most assumed they went out of service years and years ago

would be weird to come across one of those modern codd's

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I had no idea india or any country still uses codd bottles , most assumed they went out of service years and years ago

would be weird to come across one of those modern codd's

Japan still uses a modernized version of the Codd bottle too, you can buy those here at supermarkets which sell imported drinks from Asia. I tried one once out of curiosity, without knowing what type of soda was inside it. It was awful, it tasted like bubblegum. But it was worth it for the novelty at least. I'd like to try one of these proper traditional Codds from India, but I think I'd have to go to India for that. Maybe someday.

Reaction score
It's funny how bottles end up in a rural small town from half the world away. I figured it was mid century maybe 1950's. Thanks for the information, it was a big suprise!

relic rescuer

Reaction score
View attachment 226927
It's probably a 1995 then?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora