Help IDing a Bottle Plz

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle_girl

Reaction score
I love this little bottle. I found it in a basket of junk in a flea market and purchased it immediately for 50 cents. There is absolutely NO writing on this bottle anywhere - Not even on the bottom. Here's the facts:

Aqua-green colored / 2 3/4" tall / Round / Seam ends AT THE SHOULDER EXACTLY - this might mean that the bottle COULD date as far back at 1860s-1870s? (Please say yes, that'd be awesome!). The bottle is sprinkled with pinpoint bubbles and big bubbles here and there. There's a weird crack-like line that goes around one side, but there's no breaking whatsoever. The bottom is definately pushed up a little (enough for me to put my thumb in it - it's almost exactly a thumbprint). The glass is thick and the bottle is somewhat heavy. It's corktop and beautiful. Any info on what this is, plz tell me. I love it! I'd love to hear the best (that it's 1860s old medical bottle) but if not, that's ok.
Thanx, Bottle Girl

Db84665.jpg

Attachments

• Db84665.jpg
    Db84665.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 96

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hi bottle girl. I have 5 of these ranging from 2 3/4" to 5". Both clear and aqua. I agree with Rick. They did probably hold pills. Now the good news, even though they aren't worth anything, the place I dug mine was absolutely, positively shut down in 1890 so yours could be older than that.

bottle_girl

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I figured it wasn't valuable - and I really don't mind if it's not. I don't judge my bottles based on value anyway. I do like this bottle though. Thanx everybody.

Bottle Girl

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi