Help needed with 2 rare KY drugstore bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tom smith

Reaction score
I dug these 2 very recently. Both have lip chips and the Cynthiana one has a tiny flash crack. Both of them are W.T. Co. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about them. How old they are what they may be worth. But I think the Cynthiana Ky bottle may be unknown since the town is so small. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you
Tom smith

Attachments

• IMG_4631.jpg
    IMG_4631.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_4629.jpg
    IMG_4629.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 137

BF109

Reaction score
Very nice, love those old drugstore bottles!

DavidW

Reaction score
Hey Tom, In the book "Louisville's Early Medicine Bottles" by Gene Blasi (1992), he has a list of known Druggists/Apothecary/Pharmacy bottles in the back of the book. There are over 200 druggists listed for Louisville.

He does have "S P WALKER / APOTHECARY / LOUISVILLE" as dating from 1875 to 1901. He also has "S P WALKER / DRUGGIST / 9th and Broadway / Louisville" as dating after 1900 (he doesn't give exact dates for that bottle embossing type, not sure how late into the 1900s bottles could have been made).

I am guessing there was a number of different bottle types and sizes made over the years for S P Walker. I have 2 different bottles marked "S P WALKER" and neither one of them is like the one you found.

The Cynthiana bottle sounds great - I did a search on Cynthiana bottles on Worthopedia - there are a few but I don't see any from the "T H HOOD" druggists so it might be a rather rare bottle. No info on value. https://www.worthpoint.com/inventory/search?query=cynthiana+druggist+bottle&categories=

sandchip

Reaction score
Don't know anything about your bottles, but Cynthiana caught my eye. This pontiled rarity is listed as one of the Top 25 Kentucky Bottles in one survey. "J.T. RICKERSON’S / HOARHOUND SARSAPARILLA & COUGH SYRUP / CYNTHIANA, KY." Only picture I've seen of this bottle.

cynthiana.jpg

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Bottle style would be roughly mid 1880s to around turn of century.

Value on pharmacy bottles tends to be local in nature. Someone collecting those particular towns would know best. The Cynthiana sounds like a rare town. Of course, they both have damage which hurts value a lot.

Jim G

sandchip

Reaction score
Here's another rare Kentucky drugstore from Seaton & Sharpe. Only two examples that I know of.

S&S.jpgS&S1.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18