Help Needed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TigerJCM1

Reaction score
Hello, about 10 years ago i inherited my grandparents house, a house they lived in for over 60 years. The house was full of antiques and just as much junk. Anyways in a pantry up on a shelf were a couple dozen old bottles. My grandparets didnt drink and didnt collect bottles either but these were just saved as my grandfather was something of a junk collector. i was in there today and decided to pull the bottles out and look them up and see if they were worth anything. I have found out that finding information is pretty difficult if you dont know where to look, so when i found this forum I was pleased to find some information. So here is where the help is needed. I would like to find out if any of these bottles are worth selling and also the best way to go about selling them. I have enough hobbies and im afraid if i start digging too deep then I will have another one.

Here is a few of the bottles I have and what I know about them:

1) Jack Daniels 1/2 gallon Gold Medal Old No. 7 (empty) no chips or scratches and about 90% of the South Carolina tax seal,, from what i can find it looks like this bottle was made in 1971

2) Garretts 4/5 pint American Wines,, completley embosed (sp?) empty and missing the screw on lid

3) Garretts 4/5ths quart Virginia Dare American Red Wine, empty, paper label on the front and embosed on the back

4) Crown malmsey Fine Madeira Wine,, empty, cork top, vintage 1920 green in color

5) Old Mr Boston full quart embosed and also a metal label on the front, screw on cap,

6) Old Crow 86 proof kentucky straight bourbon whiskey,, 80% full, paper labels in good condition,, South Carolina tax seal 34 cents

7) Old Kentucky Tavern straight burbon whiskey, "something liquid in the bottom lol " paper label on front is good, back is damaged, SC tax seal 17 cents half pint

8) small bottled embosed with McCormick & Company Extracts Spices & Ect. Balto, MD.

probaly another 6-10 large bottles (gallon sizes) some brown in color

10 or so medicine and other type bottles including

small bottle of smelling salts (full bottle) paper label from J H B ryant funeral home st george sc

medium sized bottle,, paper label, SPT of Turpentine (50% full of a yellow liquid) Kramers Pharmacy Summerville Sc

1 pint bottle of McKessons Mineral Oil heavy,, (full bottle)

glass pill bottle of quinine sulfate capsules,, aproximatly 1/4 of pills still in the bottle

dark colered glass bottle 1 pint, elixir lactated pepsin lilly, eli lilly and company

like i said there are other bottles from large to small, some that have no labels or markings but are obviously very old and some that i havent even pulled down yet

Also have close to 1000 Mason jars and other brand named mason type and freezer jars raniging from really old to probably the 70s

If anyone has any ideas on these bottles and if any have any value it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh almost forgot there were some cans of red devil lye un opened as well as a soap and a few miscelanous items...

Thanks in advance for your help

TigerJCM1

Reaction score
I did forget a dazey churn no. 60,,, great condition, worls perfectly

accountantadam

Reaction score
Tiger - Your dazey churn would probably bring $60 - $100 at an auction, maybe be priced at $100 - $150 at an antique store, at least here in ohio

TigerJCM1

Reaction score
Thanks accountantadam
I think Im just gonna find somewhere to list these as one lot to move them quick. Going to go through the old Mason jars and try to research what is worth anything and add them to these and the other bottles and sell it all together. Any ideas on where would be the best place to list them?

accountantadam

Reaction score
Tiger- You might offer it up on here first...may be someone in your area that'd be interested. If you have some jars that you think might be valuable, take some pictures and post on here, these guys know their stuff and are more than happy to help. I just got my redbook, so I'd be happy to help in any way possible, but i'm no expert. If you're wanting to sell everything at once, craigslist might be an option to consider, if you don't want to mess with ebay

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Tiger, I tried to post but it didn't take. If there are mold equipment seam marks on the threads the bottles are great for recycling - that is unless they are a collectable figural bottle. RED Matthews

TigerJCM1

Reaction score
Been looking around in 2 of the old barns here and found a few more:

here are some pictures of what Ive found

Attachments

• 58010AC824BA400BAE4BA0DD9B1C2E2A.jpg
    58010AC824BA400BAE4BA0DD9B1C2E2A.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 85

TigerJCM1

Reaction score
another pic

Attachments

• 1D9FBC6148B54C7A9B193D7A38B0FCE7.jpg
    1D9FBC6148B54C7A9B193D7A38B0FCE7.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 78

TigerJCM1

Reaction score
pics arent very good, took them on my phone and the good ones say its to large to put on here

Also have 6 browninsh in color 1 gallons and a few clear ones. One has 2 handles...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky